Small town mechanic story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How strange is that, I got one last night also, same saw same senario to a tee. Left out and now won`t start. Don`t have time today to pull it apart but maybe you can solve the no start problem for the both of us. Oh, let us know what you find. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Sometimes our throw away society works to our advantage but it is still sad to think how many make it to the land fill,

YES.

Taking off to the good stihl dealer for parts at noon. Should have vid by this afternoon if the rain passes.

While you're there, tell him thank you for the new saw. Or, maybe you and him are in cahoots... :cheers:

Just kidding. Looks like a runner.

While you're there, tell him thank you for the new saw. Or, maybe you and him are in cahoots... :cheers:

Just kidding. Looks like a runner.

Cahoots nope lol. I have four stihl dealers within 30 miles of me. I only buy parts from one of them. He helps with gtg's and antique acres every year.

YES.

Well so far an inch long split in the fuel line starting at the grommiton the tank. Was on the far side so I had to remove the line to find it. If that is all, which I believe it will be WOOHOO.
Taking off to the good stihl dealer for parts at noon. Should have vid by this afternoon if the rain passes.

I love finding obvious problems!:cheers:

This is why none of my customers know where I live, and I don't do repairs at the house. I couldn't stand having people drop by at 9 pm, with stuff to drop off to fix.

This is why none of my customers know where I live, and I don't do repairs at the house. I couldn't stand having people drop by at 9 pm, with stuff to drop off to fix.

Small town USA, hard to hide in a town of 1100.

You don't want that saw. They are JUNK!!!! :) Send it to me instead. . Replace filter while your at. Heck I don't mind people dropping by for free stuff.

Junk is right!
Gathered most of the parts today with the exception of the clutch cover. Runs out strong.
Anyone know the carb presets on this stihl. Also rpm idle and max.
Vid coming soon.

Well here she is. Needs some fine tuning yet but all in all a strong little saw.
I did think the antivibe was a bit on the soft side. You can see the gap close very easiely in the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcEcWJknBs

attachment.php

attachment.php

I did this muffler mod after the vid. Wow what a difference.
attachment.php

That one turned out nice. The anti-vibe has always been squishy on the 270/280. I bought a new 280 when they first came out and it was a bit much to run more than an 18" bar. That muffler mod looks great.

I agree, a 20 is a bit long for this saw. Guide bar was on clearance and besides its Farm tough.
I could not find a used clutch cover and I could not resist ordering the new one from the dealer that said it was not worth fixing :greenchainsaw:

Nice restoration for sure. How much you figure you have into it total now? Oh, and did you tell the dealer you ordered the clutch cover from the saw's story? :clap: :clap:

Nice restoration for sure. How much you figure you have into it total now? Oh, and did you tell the dealer you ordered the clutch cover from the saw's story? :clap: :clap:

I did not plan on telling him but he mentioned he knew were there was a used one. Happened to be the guy that gave it to me. Just had to tell him then lol.
parts=$138
gas=$9.00
time=who cares I now have a $509 dollar saw.
Telling the dealer I had it running in under an hour=priceless

Latest posts

Back