Small World and a Grim Reminder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Today I was bird dogging for some possible MAC parts. The seller didn't have anything I could use but he was closing a deal on his ported 460 when I arrived. I knew the buyer so I engaged the seller in a little small talk about the saw and I learned that this was once one of Terry Landrum's personal work saws. I was surprised to see Terry's handiwork so close to home and the seller was surprised that someone around here would know Terry. The buyer is one of my firewood friends so I'm sure I'll get a chance to run the saw. :clap:

I hung around while the seller gave my friend some handling instructions and warnings. He finished by explaining that just two weeks ago he lost a relative - a logger using a "small" saw to limb a tree he had just skidded out - the saw kicked back and cut him across the neck - he bled out almost immediately. :msp_sad:

Ron

I've had only one really bad kick back scare in my life. The bar came within a very few inches of my head and the chain brake had done its job perfectly! But, man it SCARED the crap out of me!

hey now don't go round telling people I used to run a cream sickle to make my living. you could give people a bad impression of me. :jester:

Last edited:
I can't remember his screen name but was he up in fall branch area?

hey now don't go round telling people I used to run a cream sickle to my living. you could give people a bad impression of me. :jester:

the impression is probably already there:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I can't remember his screen name but was he up in fall branch area?

Yes, Hwy 93 on the Washington County side of the Washington / Greene County line. Seemed to be a straight up guy. He is selling his stuff so he can do mission work along the Mexico / Texas border.

A nice 10mm 044 was sitting next to the driveway but he had already sold it.

Ron

Yes, Hwy 93 on the Washington County side of the Washington / Greene County line. Seemed to be a straight up guy. He is selling his stuff so he can do mission work along the Mexico / Texas border.

A nice 10mm 044 was sitting next to the driveway but he had already sold it.

Ron

He have any other saws for sale? That's real close ti me.

Back