Smashed 3 wk old 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
This saw is 3 weeks old. Like the owner (logger) said, it was either him or the saw that was going to get beat up, and the saw is replaceable.
I'm afraid there's no repairing that arm on the clutch-side crankcase half.

sunday7-14005.jpg

sunday7-14002.jpg

sunday7-14003.jpg

sunday7-14004.jpg

sunday7-14006.jpg

sunday7-14013.jpg

Thank goodness the owner had the good sense to sacrifice the saw and bug out.
Valuable lesson to be learned / reinforced from this "incident".

Take Care

Thank goodness the owner had the good sense to sacrifice the saw and bug out.
Valuable lesson to be learned / reinforced from this "incident".

Take Care

+1!
He said he hesitated for a second, which he doesn't usually do, but decided it wasn't worth it.

You mean he didn't try and get it covered under warranty? I had a guy pinch the bar and hooked a chain from the rear handle to a backhoe
and attempted to pull it free with the backhoe bucket. The handle broke and he brought it in and tried to get covered under warranty, he
claimed the handle was defective and if was a quality product it shouldn't have broke.

3 weeks????????? I have seen that in less than 3 days.......LOL Thats why some loggers are shy to buy new saws and keep dumpin $$$ into the old ones. Its never the old worn saw to get smashed MURPHY always makes sure its the new one............

Scott

3 weeks????????? I have seen that in less than 3 days.......LOL Thats why some loggers are shy to buy new saws and keep dumpin $$$ into the old ones. Its never the old worn saw to get smashed MURPHY always makes sure its the new one............

Scott
Absolutely. There's a $3,000 Cub Cadet lawn tractor setting at work that the guy bought, took home, and then run over backing up with his truck. The rear transaxle is shaped like a pretzel. :)

Scott

Right on! My grampa did that once with a brand spankin' new Shindaiwa 577. The same day he bought it, he was burning brush, and using a tractor with a loader to dump brush on the fires. The poor guy forgot that he had set the saw in the bucket, and dumped it right in the fire. (I actually still have the saw).

Thats whats sweet about DOLMARS no matter weather its 3 days old or 10 years old you can always just replace just one crankcase if needed. No need to buy matched sides L&R

Scott
Right! This'll be my first real job on a Dolmar.

Latest posts

Back