Smoked meat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bug and the Greaser in posts 13 and 15 see my point and make it so eloquently for me, thanks.

I WAS kind of thinking it was a sideways political thread. I read a sticky that the owners had closed the political room. When did that happen? Never mind, I don't really need to know, since I never asked to get in anyway. I don't generally discuss politics or religion, since I am an idiot about both, and am certainly not going to care. They're the same, aren't they? politics and religion?

I can only imagine what the Political room contained, given the people that doon't understand the points I tried to make in my thread, and the further clarification the other two gave it, when you have a free for all for the top fo the soap box, that a message board is....

I just don't have time for that- I'd rather be the Floridiot that lives on the Atlantic beach that hangs out in the Firewood and Heating with Wood room....

Any way- No, I disagree, eating smoked meat isn't bad for you. Carcinogens? Well yeah, maybe. Do you understand the complex chemistry? Do you have an idea of the difference between organic and inorganic? (for this scenario) Do you realize the enormity of human physiology when you want to discuss GMF's?

You ought to be more worried about the GMO that the store bought ChiX, Pork or Beef. that you're putting into your smoker really is. EVEN if you grew it, raised it or farmed it, did you also cultivate, raise, grow, or process, what you gave that end poduct before you smoked it? Chances are, no.

Game is even a bigger gamble to an extent. As I mentiioned, FISH. Search Mercury levels in FISH, and you'll know why. Back to Phsyiolgy and chemistry, Mercury is never destroyed. You eat the fish, you have the mercury. You die the mercury goes into the earth. Oversimplified? Not in the least. HOGS- Do you really know what that critter has on its diet?

Its still kind of funny. With the Server problems arboristsite had, and I couldn't log on, I thought I had been censored for talking about politics....

Got a 8 pound venison roast brining, gonna smoke that ####er this weekend....to death do us part :D

In most cases it is better to have one rule at the federal level than to allow each state (or municipality) to create their own. Can you imagine being a manufacturer and having 50 different state regulations and hundreds of city and county ordinances to comply with?

For this reason it is the federal government that regulates interstate commerce.

See also: CARB (California Air Resources Board) and why the &$#% can't I buy a functional gas can in WI because of those frickin hippies? I'm about ready to design, build and sell a "49 state" gas can conversion kit after my last good can disappeared and I spent almost 10 minutes trying to get 5 gallons of gas into my tractor from one of the new cans.

Tomorrow is head to the meat locker and stock up on whatever Jesse has smoked down there day. Smoked meat is the ultimate in convenience food when at the hunting shack.

See also: CARB (California Air Resources Board) and why the &$#% can't I buy a functional gas can in WI because of those frickin hippies?.

OT but I feel your pain! good golley the super safe plastic cans suck, honestly, the metal ones are looking better every day.

Don't even get me started on these new fricking gas cans. I went to several stores looking for a good old gas can and all they had were those stupid safety valve cans then someone told me that is the only kind you can buy now :angry: Was that California's idea or the EPA? The dumbest thing I have ever seen!

You haven't lived till you've had a smoked Mullet from a Southerner. Or Smoked Swordfish.

I just poke a hole in the top handle of a new gas can. F them Tree huggin Granola Crunchin Petulie wearing fags.

In most cases it is better to have one rule at the federal level than to allow each state (or municipality) to create their own. Can you imagine being a manufacturer and having 50 different state regulations and hundreds of city and county ordinances to comply with?

For this reason it is the federal government that regulates interstate commerce.

I think your opinion on this stems from the fact that you don't live close to the Mexican border. There are day's when the air is as clear as a bell, but if the air current is moving from the South the smog moves in like soup. I live at about 9000' elevation and can look at the valley below and see the crap move in. What does the EPA do about that? :dizzy: Absolutely nothing, except to make more stringent laws for us, that do absolutely no good at all since the problem isn't coming from anywhere in the United States. Of corse a lot of people who think the EPA is a good thing would probably like to see them as a world wide agency. The EPA is a monster that we created and then lost control of. It needs to be put down, and maybe start over (after a long period of mourning).

Andy

My friend made a smoked turkey and I think he did do the injection to it, then slow smoked it over night, I don't think I have ever tasted a turkey that was that good. I seriously need to build a slow smoker. There is smoke cooking, and slow smoking, the slow smoked food tastes better imo.

Unless it's smoked turkey at Christmas.

Andy

Or 4 smoked pork butt's for no reason whatsoever...:msp_sneaky:
Mmmmm... Carcinogens....

attachment.php

12 hours... 225 degrees... Hickory...

If you get the itch to really take a walk on the wild side start burning old tires and asphalt shingles in your meat smoker. Maybe an occasional railroad tie for additional flavor.

Don't even get me started on these new fricking gas cans. I went to several stores looking for a good old gas can and all they had were those stupid safety valve cans then someone told me that is the only kind you can buy now :angry: Was that California's idea or the EPA? The dumbest thing I have ever seen!

Yeah, some hardware stores have the older self venting or even older flex style spouts. Or you can remove the spoutvalve part and fit a barb into the plastic after sawing off the entire valve assembly.

I think your opinion on this stems from the fact that you don't live close to the Mexican border. There are day's when the air is as clear as a bell, but if the air current is moving from the South the smog moves in like soup. I live at about 9000' elevation and can look at the valley below and see the crap move in.

And you can thank the EPA that your only problem is to your south. It is funny how Americans feel they have an inherent right to gobble up the world's resources without regard to the impact on the ecology. No wonder the Native Americans hate the white man for how he has raped the world and exploited her resources. If Americans (and American companies) were not solely interested in the bottom line and were proper stewards of our resources, there would not be a need for the EPA. However, greed is a hard thing to overcome.

Funny, I stumbled onto this thread after just eating supper. And what did I have you ask? Well, at 2pm I put a full rack of baby back ribs on my Big Green Egg smoker and took them off after bowhunting around 7pm. Five hours on the smoker and they were delicious. When I took the ribs off I put on a 9 pound pork butt which I will leave on the smoker for at least 20 hours. Just in time for lunch tomorrow. Will it kill me? If it doesnt, something else will.

Latest posts

Back