Snellerized MS461 on the dyno

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sh#t happens ya know. I'd rather not pay for a saw and port job.

See these dreams everytime I sit in the bleachers at the Tractor Pull. I want to die of old age, not cast iron through the skull.....:yes: I still show up and watch, but I think thoughts, and wonder about where and how some of that stuff is put together.....

I want badly to build a cheap hot saw and load it down till it blows to smithereens on the dyno.
Define "hot saw"...
There are gas saws, and there are saws running on alky nitro..
Would not advise running nitro on the dyno. They can get hot..
Gas should be no problem with proper tune. They work all day with no whimpers...

How much can your dyno handle?
Don't know. I blew the first hydraulic pump up with a 660. Then I reworked it with a higher displacement pump and a much heavier love joy coupler. I've run a couple ported 660's pushing close to 9hp with this set up.

Define "hot saw"...
There are gas saws, and there are saws running on alky nitro..
Would not advise running nitro on the dyno. They can get hot..
Gas should be no problem with proper tune. They work all day with no whimpers...
A hot saw to me is a saw made for racing only because of fear it will blow in work saw conditions.

Yup.. But the 385 went to work on a logging crew... Still running.. I fixed a broken AV spring on it last weekend..
This 064 is stronger..

That 385 was stout treemonkey did that one. I'd love to run that 064 some day. No videos of that thing wearing a long bar do you?

My shop rate is $75 an hour. I personally wouldn't do it for less than that.
That seems about right.
And a release.
I was in R&D for 15 years. Broke everything we made.
Strange things break during testing.
You built the Dyno. They built the saw.
Each responsible for their own.

Latest posts

Back