Snow in the air For Tennessee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
The news is calling for snow Monday and Tuesday of the coming week.

Good thing i going to cut some more seasoned wood today. Then i'll have everything caught up until next year.

I started to be all "what?! I haven't heard about that!" but then I noticed you were on the side of the state everyone I come across online is from. :laugh:

I started to be all "what?! I haven't heard about that!" but then I noticed you were on the side of the state everyone I come across online is from. :laugh:

:laugh: I heard that. They've been saying it all night and this morning that we might get a couple of inches they think. But i really unsure about what they are trying to predict on the weather. :msp_unsure:

Dh, was it year before last when it snowed here in Nov, then a dozen more times during the winter? Looks like a repeat and I'm still scrambling around cutting and splitting. You ain't too far away...I'm in Hancock County.

Dh, was it year before last when it snowed here in Nov, then a dozen more times during the winter? Looks like a repeat and I'm still scrambling around cutting and splitting. You ain't too far away...I'm in Hancock County.

I think is was but i really not sure. Your not to far from me i say maybe 50 to 60 miles or so.

Wish it would snow here. Rain will do though, it will give me the chance to light a huge brush pile.

:laugh: I heard that. They've been saying it all night and this morning that we might get a couple of inches they think. But i really unsure about what they are trying to predict on the weather. :msp_unsure:

So are they.:laugh:

I am ready except for one thing. Gotta go up on a job in the morning and get the track back on my 289 and bring it off the mountain. Then it can snow for a week if it wants.

They're saying maybe snow here, but I doubt it'll amount to anything. Would be some of the earliest snow I've seen in a long time if it does happen. Plenty of wind and cold though, and no maybe about that!

So are they.:laugh:

I am ready except for one thing. Gotta go up on a job in the morning and get the track back on my 289 and bring it off the mountain. Then it can snow for a week if it wants.

Same here i don't have to go anywhere that i know of yet :laugh:. But someone will be hollering about something when it does snow you watch.Then i'll have to go out in it.

Now the national weather station is calling for 1 to 2 inches of snow in the valley. That means me and 3 to 4 in the mountains and some of Virgina. good thing i got plenty of wood today and going back out tomorrow and get some more blow over oak trees and anything that is seasoned before i start on my winter storage wood shed.

Dont they usually close the schools if the weatherman predicts snow next week down there? hehheh

Ted

No, you're thinking of the stores that get cleaned out when it's predicted the week ahead. Only once it starts do they cancel school, and then the wife and I high five and turn off the alarm clocks. :clap: We also tend to have at least three weeks of food at any time so no biggie if we don't park at the top of the hill and we can't leave the driveway.

In my area if they only have about two trucks in the county to handle it, but since we usually get less than half a foot a year, it's understandable. I enjoy the snow, except for having to watch out for the idiot drivers that can't seem to comprehend simple physics.

Just looked at the NOAA site, 30% max for most of us here in WNC. Don't expect anything but a flurry or two and wide spread panic among the Subaru driving crowd:) (Hey baby, we need bread and milk bad, they're calling for snow!!) Some of the locals with rwd vehicles have no fear, but a lack of common sense to make up for it. I'm going camping next week out past Robbinsville, perfect weather as far as I am concerned.

Shea

Just looked at the NOAA site, 30% max for most of us here in WNC. Don't expect anything but a flurry or two and wide spread panic among the Subaru driving crowd:) (Hey baby, we need bread and milk bad, they're calling for snow!!) Some of the locals with rwd vehicles have no fear, but a lack of common sense to make up for it. I'm going camping next week out past Robbinsville, perfect weather as far as I am concerned.

Shea

The subaru driving crowd around here are about to love their AWD!

Not really, this isn't gonna be ####. But I love my outback when it does come.

Latest posts

Back