So, any opinions on an ms192T vs. an ms200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS200t or 192t

I have both, don't need them, but.... Who on this site NEEDS all the saws they have. I was impressed as HE%% with the 200t cuts like a champ and I use it quite a bit. Lots of power for a small saw. In all reality with a 14" bar the 192 is probably just as effective, (and lighter) but I prefer the 200t's throttle/choke system? If money is very important (I realize we can never have enough) then go 192t.

My .02 cents

Buzzlightyear said:
A year Steve !

6 weeks maybe, I don't know how he finds the time to do any 'tree work' what with all the videos, bull, and forum posting. :givebeer: :buttkick:

Because unlike Mr Bulls opinion he's fast and organised. :hmm3grin2orange:

Perhaps a course in comprehension may assist you Bullman.

Then you may be able to understand the differences in verbs, nouns and adjectives.

You see no recourse in inappropriately calling people slow yet have no way of actually substanciating such a claim ... that is OK.

But when one draws reference to name origins that's name calling??????:dizzy:

My surname is Frei, name origins reckons it means free. Perhaps back in the days of smiths and coopers (http://www.obcgs.com/LASTNAMES.htm#occupations) your blood line was called bull for an obvious reason.

I have to stick up for Eric here.

Maybe you so called "experts" don't need to watch his videos, but I recommend them. They are great for new climbers to watch and be able to get a basic understanding of a concept before doing it. As well, tree work is done differently all over. Nice to see to see the way they do it down under.
Foam it up.:rock:

pete mctree said:
secondly
If you have no sense of humour Ekka take your bat and ball home. You are so proud and capable by your remarks. Why not show us what YOU can do instead of your showcasing of "others" talents. Most of us brits are tired of your consistant barrage of low brow slander and de railing of threads that others have invested effort into. In fact the sentiment across the world is probably similar!

Glad I am only a so-so climber!!!

I have to chuckle... I knew I could count on some strong opinions.

Personal stuff aside, I'm pretty well convinced the 200T is the way to go, though after spending an afternoon with Ryan Willock today, I'm inclined to at least look into a Husky before settling on the Stihl.

As for modding a saw, why not? Seems like a personal choice to me... probably some risk involved as far as the life of the saw is concerned, but that's an individual choice, right? Is there a safety issue I'm missing?

...I think the videos are kinda cool, especially in the context of the discussion that goes with them.

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to respond, this was extremely helpful, every opinion gave me food for thought.

Chip

RBtree said in another thread (maybe this one, I don't remember) that the 338xpt Cali didn't need full mods nor did it take well to them. All it needed was a muffler mod and it would fly. Roger, please correct me if I am wrong, also add any other input on this saw if you would.

Only two things that I don't like about an ms200 and that is that d@mn oil cap and the balance. The balance alone I could live with, it's certainly not enough to prevent me from buying that saw but coupled with the oil cap? Nope, not unless they fix it!

I haven't run the 192 yet and won't go out of my way to do so. I have a 191T and its alright, a very good starter saw for a climber. I would however like a little more power at times.

Hi All,
Not wanting to buy into the heavier discussion about what saw,But we have just bit the bullet and brought a ms 200t..cuts like a bigger saw,starts easy,throttle her up and it rears up..very pleased with it so far.and as for Ekkas vids their good value,and he deserves a pat on the back for taking the time to do them.
All the Best

Last edited:
Climb020 said:
I have to stick up for Eric here.

Thanks mate but truly there's no need.

Over here in Oz the Brits are called whinging POMS. You can see why.

Between the lot of them they haven't made one intelligent post and just throw mud around, that's their style, and they think they're smart. :laugh:

Pete Mctree needs to go back to school with the rest of them ... It was Bullmean that derailed the thread but typical POMS cant see errors in their ways.

Now here's a pic of a POMS arm (Pete Mctree in fact) of what a MS200T can do to an "expert POM" in possession of a dangerous weapon. :D

So, times slow at the hoserhouse guys or you just cant take anymore of that MB guy? Must be a real exciting event all of you hanging out on another forum, dont stay out too late big daddy wont like it. :eek:

And look out for Thor, he can leap tall buildings in a single bound ... coz he copied it! Hey I heard that Thor can run a small business really well, his dad just gave him a big one to begin with. :ices_rofl:

attachment.php

Wtf?

what the "F" is a POMMIE????? If it is an insult it hardly sounds like one. Whatever happened to wanker???

Are you just upset that the brits' great-great grandaddy marooned your great-great convict grandaddy on an island????

Back