So many saw models!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drive_1305

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ive been going to Chainsaw Collectors Corner. I know their list spans over 40 years, but it seems like each company has too many different models. Some of the differences in models are only a few cc's or maybe a different color, or cosmectic feature. Im thinking it cost each of these companies hundreds of thousands of dollars just to design, tool up and keep track of the different models. Seems like it would have been better and maybe more profitable to keep their product line simplier with fewer models.

Lot's of other things going on there.
Say you just offered automatic oiling?
Do you put it in all of your saws?
Electronic ignition was good for half a dozen new models each. Oh, you want anti-vibration? A thinner kerf?

Then you can multiply all that by the size saw you want.

Then you can start working for more speed, different fuel mix, going back to gear driven drives explains some others how about the deisel versions rotary two man models to the great race to remove weight.

Then you have different names on the same saw to convince you there is not enough space to have made all of these.

Drive 1305, welcome aboard. I tend to agree with your obeservation, and I think that even today Husqvarna has too many models that are too close together. But I'm certain that some of the pros will list some valid reasons for offering so many models.

Latest posts

Back