So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy came in from Pensacola today. He rented this crane, and went down there with an operator and a climber. He said he grossed $10,000 a day, plus.
I TD'ed a red oak with it this morning.

Nice set up...perhaps one day when I am big time I will be in the position to get one of those.

I was getting ready to climb a spruce to clear a secondary rack (no primary this span, trailer park easement) when my boss looked at the rat's nest I had to worm my way through and began to laugh. I said, "I took the crap climb on purpose and you come and rub it in. That's my boss." He replies, "Yeah I'm sure most bosses would walk up and volunteer to do this." I said, "Yeah, I guess you're right, most bosses are useless." It didn't even faze him. I guess he knew I was right.

This is not an attack on any tree company owner's or bosses. It is just a stupid story that I wanted to share and this thread seemed the place. :angel:

Killed a 40' pine, crown raised 2 oaks off a drive, crown cleaned a virgin 100' D-fir on a ridgeline, and crownraised a triple trunk D-fir in a field. Talked Hulk Jr. through unclogging the chipper chute so he won't want to do that again. The truck was so full their was no where for the chips to blow ha ha. Earned a new customer and made a Xmas tree farmer happy with the load of chips.

Hmmm. Truck doesn't look full in that pic. Must have lost a few chips on the 10 mile drive back to town.

Climbed and topped a burnt pine. (Friends are going to build a tree house on the remaining spar. They know that it will have to come down in a couple of years.) Got nice and dirty from the char. Set a line in another tree and put the kids in a sit harness and hoisted them up for a little ride.:)

Easy day. Killed about 20 trees, customer want more light in the yard. Killed 15 or so there a few weeks ago; going back sometime soon to kill the rest. She doesn't want ANY trees on the property. Too bad, they're all perfectly healthy, too. :laugh:

So whadja do today?

Forgot the friggin camera again.................................:mad:

Playing sub-contract forester/arborist this week. 1+ acre urban stand of big firs. Killing the little ones, deadwooding/crownraising 100+'ers. customer waiting for future harvest, subdividing. If codes change to protect trees they'll get killed quick. Killed the little ones today. going to climb as many as possible T and M next 2 days. Going back in 6 months to kill 2 biggies with severe red ring rot infestations, freakin conk city. Can't have the spores around all those pumpkins:D. Added a couple conks to my fungus collection, what a nerd:p.

Originally posted by DDM
So whadja do today?

Forgot the friggin camera again.................................:mad:

Me too. only remember it once in a blue moon.

=(

More than once.

I'm awful grateful God didn't endow them with the same climbing abilities he gave me.
:D

Hmmm. I used to have a dog that would climb trees. I don't mean crabapples that forked at the ground either-she'd run ten feet up a pine trunk! Of course she would have only tried to lick you to death Erik. Half Lab and half Golden retriever.:)

Yeah, but what would she be retrieving... :laugh:

Talk about givin' the dog a bone...
;)

Latest posts

Back