So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm okay. I went straight to the first aid kit and took an antihistamine and went back to work-didn't finish though-Iran out of daylight.I have to go back on it at the end of the day today to finish up. Man those guys hurt. They got me on both arms.

Today was a rainy day for me.
We didn't have any tree work or mulching to do today so we all were sent home.

I sharpened my saws for working on a side job tomorrow if it stops raining

Siting here bored with nothing on the TV during the day isn't all that fun but at least its Friday.

Going back to finish this today, it's half done, run out of time as Timberbeast decided to go walkabout! :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

had a talk with the boss. got myself a raise. injected some fertilizer into the ground. bought some soil sulphur. pretty much the end of it.

Ekka said:
Going back to finish this today, it's half done, run out of time as Timberbeast decided to go walkabout!

Here's a link to a 4meg video 2.30mins of what we did today along with the finishing off the tree above.

Click on here

Yeah I have a DV camera, the hardest part is having some one around to use it. Oh, and that spare tyre probably comes from here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I planted a 2 inch caliper Linden,and 4 Barberry bushes, sheared a Pyracantha and a couple of Lugustrum and then moved down the street to shear 2 Blue Spruce TREES and 1 big Juniper(Juniper and 1 Spruce are about 18feet high and 10 and 12 feet in diameter. The other Spruce is 25-26 feet tall and about 14 feet in diameter.) Every tree had wasps in it! After several years without getting stung I got clobbered 3 times in 1 week!

Dropp'n the butt-log!

iain said:
kill'd a phone line 1st yet
finished of the 3 pops i started yesterday
Saw your pic and I was just wondering how bad the street got busted up, when you dropped that big log on it? Better that way then the other, i guess where the houses are. :Monkey:

So i started up washing the companies car inside out all the way, returned it to my boss, looked at his farm at all the ducks, pigeons, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, his collection of Morus trees, his hobby for growing about who knowes how much different Fuchia's, went to the north sea beach for some hours, drove to the company to pick up a other van, did some planning for towmorrows crews, mowed the lawn, feed the fish, walked the dogs, again some 'work' writing some reports and articles, done 3 offers that will be posted towmorrow, some neighbour talk across the hedges, at this time drinking my coffee and typing. All with all a good family day we had today.

Pruned a dead Douglas fir.

Dead. Pruned it to customer specs.

The place smelled like money even as we drove up. Water view on a secluded cove. First thing i noticed was that the landscape lighting and irrigation were sunk into the poured aggregate driveway or placed into adjacent granite boulders with a coring drill.

Beaucoup dinero.

Parked the truck. Walking in one could see the roof was hand hammered copper. We crossed the slate and marble footbridge over the waterfall installation, past the outdoor fireplace on the portico to knock on the leaded glass door.

The place reeked not just of major money, but style.

The homeowner was still in his bathrobe, enjoying his first cup of coffee when we knocked. The first thing we discussed was the dead Douglas fir.

"My wife would like to make it look interesting."

The tree had lived a windblown life on an outcropping of rock. It had never become a proper specimen of the species. But it was the first tree you saw as you came down their driveway. And it was completely dead.

I'm new to my employer, so I just hung back a bit while my foreman discussed the dead fir with the owner.

"Nothing we can do will bring it back," my foreman stated, "It is as dead as can be."

"Yes," said the homeowner, "It is dead. But my wife would like to keep the interesting parts of it, so can you just clear the fluff off of it and let her see how it would look?"

My foreman grimmaced and fired up his 200t. Bombed the ends off of the lowest hanging branch, just overhead. Cut back to about 2" diameter on the end of the limb.

"OK, the fluff is gone," he says, "is that what you're looking for?"

"????! No! That looks like a plumbing fixture! She wants the tree to have, you know, an attractive appearance."

"The tree is dead! There is nothing we can do to make it come back. You should be requesting a removal, we can't improve a dead tree."

At this point I pulled my gear from the truck and started strapping it on.

My foreman just faded back and said, "OK, Eric will help you here."

"Would you like it to represent a level of Dante's Inferno," I said, climbing up, "Or more like Disney's Windy Hollow?"

"Oh, Windy hollow, windy hollow. Can you do that?"

"Of course," I lied, "But it will be a post mortum dressage. I will make it more Pope than Poe"

I took the top off, down to about 30 feet, treated the remaining limbs to my own artistic interpretation.

Took out that bit, left that bit - made a sculpture out of what remained.

Now it looks like a really big, dead bonsai.

Customer loves it. I mean really loves it.

Had me view the thing from the deck, the back patio, the driveway approach, all the time effusive about my dead tree pruning skill.

RedlineIt

Back