So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
295 tram! I got me one of them colanostipi's last June....found out I had colon cancer....by God's grace we found it before it had spread and they removed it completely. I am good to go now! I tell everybody that it sure is cheap insurance against a very curable problem if caught early enough! Last night I cut about 2 ricks of firewood for next year...only 58 ricks left to cut now. The MS260 and the 550EVL both got a good workout! I had accidentally poured gas for my dirt bike into the 550EVL. That gas (93 octane) was mixed 32:1 with Castor 927 racing oil. I had the whole woods smelling like a motorcycle race!!

View attachment 402022 View attachment 402024 View attachment 402025 View attachment 402026 View attachment 402028 View attachment 402030

Moved Wifeys 1958/59 Wheelhorse model RJ58 lawn and garden tractor out from where it had been hanging out these past 5 or 10 years. Had to sled it out on toboggans, loaded it up in my buddy Helio's truck and brought it over to his place to tear it down and restore it. Wifey says she wants it done in time for her to use putting around Shovelfest this year in Tennessee, which is in July. Gotta go through the old K91 Kohler 4hp engine and get her running good enough that Wifey can start it on one pull. We long ago had the correct mower deck, single bottom plow, wagon and snowplow for it but they were all stolen. Don't imagine we'll ever find replacements for them. Anyway, that's what I worked on this afternoon and hope to get some wrench time in on over this and next week!
That little sucker is cool might make a good puller too

Took a hike and checked out the flurries and how my new pack is working out.
45d236d231b5ec0f47b291b575a0c29b.jpg

Well yesterday got a saw ready to box up today.today im going to get it to the post office and try to find some wood to try out my modified 017 in.got $4.50 in the carb from one of my uncles 021's.i hogged the muffler out on it yesterday and installed the carb.easy fix and the little bugger will scream.it has a carbon score on the piston but the rings arent hurt.this is the saw that i posted back last winter that i was burning Canola oil in.i pulled it out of the shed the other day and thought that it was locking up but the oil must have dried in the bearings and bore.
So if things keep going the way they are my just get around to the Hog Lard and butter tests.Canola works well.i just can't stand the smell.no adverse side effects even though my system is sensitive to ingesting it.

Well yesterday got a saw ready to box up today.today im going to get it to the post office and try to find some wood to try out my modified 017 in.got $4.50 in the carb from one of my uncles 021's.i hogged the muffler out on it yesterday and installed the carb.easy fix and the little bugger will scream.it has a carbon score on the piston but the rings arent hurt.this is the saw that i posted back last winter that i was burning Canola oil in.i pulled it out of the shed the other day and thought that it was locking up but the oil must have dried in the bearings and bore.
So if things keep going the way they are my just get around to the Hog Lard and butter tests.Canola works well.i just can't stand the smell.no adverse side effects even though my system is sensitive to ingesting it.
Canola as bar oil or in your mix?

Had my winter beater towed Home. '84 Volvo 245. Ignition cut out like someone hit the kill switch. Turning cold-ish here in a couple days and I gotta troubleshoot this old girl out in the driveway. Ugh...
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1=41.4668&textField2=-73.393&e=1#.VNtEIvnF_wA
It's not brutal cold, but my hands turn to painful blocks of ice at 40 degrees nowadays.

Get a clamp light with an infrared bulb, keep it aimed at where you are working. See better plus that area and your hands stay warm. Also helps to bring tools in the day before and get them nice and warm.

I piled cowshit all day.. lovely job :rolleyes:
Will be trying to fix the old XR 500 ignition later, and working on a better porting job for my 65's

I had relatives in Washington.....my great uncle used to be postmaster there.
Washington is a nice little town to visit. I go there several times a year, they have a nice city park where wife and I walk around. The traffic is way less than Bloomington so you can enjoy your drive..
As for what I did today, I've been working on the two Homelite 330s and finally got both of them running with new carb kits and changing a few spark plugs. Unfortunately one of them coughed up the clutch so I'm off tomorrow to my local shop to get a used one if possible. I had several Homie clutches in my junk but none that would fit. It appears that saw doesn't share many parts with the XL series, big or small ones. At least one of them worked okay.

Latest posts

Back