So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple days ago guy came in the shop and was looking around.
Have a Poulan Pro 455 for sale...

"Paul LandPro?... huh, never heard of those. That's one of them new Japanese saws huh?"

Explain to him it's Poulan, the saws about 20 years old, though is almost brand new, and they are owned by Husqvarna.

"Ah yeah, the Husqeevaaana, I had one of them tractors. Those Germans build some good stuff"

:laugh::laugh:

Well today , nothing - but yesterday evening I have cut an unprocessed meadow just so it doesn't get out of hands like last year.
The high grass picture is from last year!

IMAG0006.jpg IMAG0007.jpg
DSC00022.JPG

8" tires , powered by a Lombardini LA300 4-stroke engine , 300cc / 5.2kW , has great fuel economics despite its 300cc's.

That thing is unstoppable when it runs , but tends to have issues with its electronic ignition (problem solved for now) and overheating engine (still an issue , requires regular cleaning of the cylinder fins otherwise it cooks and blows its cylinder head gasket).

It is heavy , two grown men have to pull hard if it refuses to run and needs be dragged home or onto a tractor trailer.

This old beast is loud and shakes/vibrates unlike anything else. :crazy:

This morning I installed the capacitor thingy in the 031 hoping that is a cheap fix. I put a little JB Weld on it to hold it in place where the original condenser was. Waiting for it to dry right now so I can spin it over and see if it has any spark. I checked the points while I had it apart and they seemed fine. If it doesn't work I may be looking for a coil..The wiring seemed pretty good for a saw this old so I left it alone. The spark plug wire was laying against the case and looks awfully ratty but I'm gonna let it go for now.

Finally got my bar servicing equipment working again today. It's a 12" disc sander and 6x48" belt sander. It works great on bars but it broke a belt a couple months ago and I couldn't figure out how to get the thing apart. Finally removed the sanding disk plate and there was access to the belt. Scrounged through my bin of used V belts (a hundred plus) and got one about the right size. Put it all back together and tried it on an 18" Stihl bar that was waiting patiently all that time. Got the bar squared up, hung it on a hook and shut down the shop. Tomorrow I have a guy coming to look at a MS460 I'm sending down the road. And nothing broke today so that makes it an unusual day. lol.

Blew up and tarped away the last of my leaves and mowed where the grass had gotten long under the leaves. Trimmed around the house and yard, so it looks pretty good for winter. Just got to pour the fuel out of all the saws, trimmers and blowers. Mowers need it too. Not hard work though.

Latest posts

Back