So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on getting a 1976 Johnson 9.9hp outboard back together. Been sitting in my garage for the last year and a half. Still need to replace the fuel pump cover (cracked) and the rubber gasket underneath (hard) but at least she popped when I put fuel in the throat of the carb. The problem turned out to be corroded coils where the plug wires enter. I think the motor was submerged at one time and water got into the wire at the coil socket at rusted it. Funny thing is the coils measured good and made spark, but not enough to run well. Fingers crossed.

We got Big Red's new planters set up today with some flowers. Just wish I didn't have to move them all over the yard before she found a place she likes. LOL.... View attachment 423733
Great job John! Thanks for the idea!
9eaea8197f7844b5ecfe971a2111724f.jpg

I also opened my pool today...looks better than a couple I heard about!
18b2260cbe4d317b88111e764eea1180.jpg

Today I was crawling around under a couple of 100+ year old houses and fighting off spiders so I could take a look at the structure and foundation. They both need pretty extensive work but we put in offers on them anyway. See what happens... I also tested a chainsaw I had repaired for a friend, did some final tuning and put it in the case to bring back to him tomorrow.

Worked on getting a 1976 Johnson 9.9hp outboard back together. Been sitting in my garage for the last year and a half. Still need to replace the fuel pump cover (cracked) and the rubber gasket underneath (hard) but at least she popped when I put fuel in the throat of the carb. The problem turned out to be corroded coils where the plug wires enter. I think the motor was submerged at one time and water got into the wire at the coil socket at rusted it. Funny thing is the coils measured good and made spark, but not enough to run well. Fingers crossed.

Sold one yesterday. Was a 1965 model. Mq11c I think? I'm not a boat guy, just found the motor in the front porch area of the shop, no one's knows where it came from, been around forever deal.

The guy nearly broke the front door down to buy it! I put it on Craigslist and it was sold 30mins later!

Just finished putting the 029 together except for the clutch drum which I'll try to get tomorrow, have a little more money in it than I planned but it should be good when I get the thing finally running.. I wonder if there's any other saw I can put the 029 sprocket on because it didn't fit this one, too shallow and wouldn't activate the oil pump.

Very nice. I like the bases they are sitting on. Don't show my wife or I will be modifying the ones I made last week.
Lol. Yeah the best part of those is cut right through the whole log and once you make your 4 cuts then you have block that pops out and shove it in the bottom

I paid to have my cat killed and I buried my barn buddy. Mom cat. She followed me around like a puppy. Every where I went she was there. The most affectionate cat in the world. All she wanted was a kind word and a pet.
I hate F.I.P.

Latest posts

Back