So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
schaffers or vp @ 40-1 neither smell bad, smoke or have carbon/ash buildup issues. I Like both, schaffers is blue and vp is red when mixed making it easy to distinguish once mixed. The stihl in the orange bottle isent half bad, makes decent power but smokes/stinks. vp is the cheapest and is easy to find but the schaffers definitely has the thinnest viscosity in cold temps so I save it for winter.

Been running Valvoline Multi purpose 2 cyl oil @ 32:1. Saws are 2 - 372 xp, a 562 xp & a 550 xp. Haven't blown anything up, nor choked anything up. Using a little over 10 gallons of mixed fuel a month, so if problems were to come from our setup, I would think it would've happened by now. YMMV.

Mobil 1 Racing 2T Synthetic
Pyndn.gif
(Auto Zone was selling it half-price when they discontinued it about 10 yrs ago or so, so I carted off all of it. :numberone:)

I worked for belray for 4 years before they closed and our lab bought thousands of different products from competitors ue used a 4 ball test A weight and pressure test and dynamic runs . On several dirt bikes . We were always as good the only oil that was exceptionally good was amsoil . When we closed we were allowed to take what we wanted I have maybe 20 cases of belray 2t . Much of our oil and grease was specified in tested by Lakehurst New Jersey Naval Station also we did things like make the grease for the catapults on the aircraft carriers and so on and the fuel for the predator drone so I was fortunate enough to get that and that's all I never run in anymachine . I recently bought a ms661c m and I was curious if running 42 one will mess up the electronic tuning doohickey I'm more of a carburetor guy. If you have any questions about will if pie remember the results I will tell you honestly about different wear patterns and different testing we use but truthfully Amsoil oil and belray oils are top notch but they closed the 2 stroke blending plant in New Jersey for taxes that were too high

I worked for belray for 4 years before they closed and our lab bought thousands of different products from competitors ue used a 4 ball test A weight and pressure test and dynamic runs . On several dirt bikes . We were always as good the only oil that was exceptionally good was amsoil . When we closed we were allowed to take what we wanted I have maybe 20 cases of belray 2t . Much of our oil and grease was specified in tested by Lakehurst New Jersey Naval Station also we did things like make the grease for the catapults on the aircraft carriers and so on and the fuel for the predator drone so I was fortunate enough to get that and that's all I never run in anymachine . I recently bought a ms661c m and I was curious if running 42 one will mess up the electronic tuning doohickey I'm more of a carburetor guy. If you have any questions about will if pie remember the results I will tell you honestly about different wear patterns and different testing we use but truthfully Amsoil oil and belray oils are top notch but they closed the 2 stroke blending plant in New Jersey for taxes that were too high
I think a lot of the ported saw guys are running 40:1 in the 661 and have been since they became available years ago. I remember them saying that 32:1 was too rich oil wise for them after reading about them. For a few threads years ago.

Mobil 1 Racing 2T Synthetic
Pyndn.gif
(Auto Zone was selling it half-price when they discontinued it about 10 yrs ago or so, so I carted off all of it.)
I did about the same. My stock is just about gone so I'll be looking for a replacement soon. Thinking Amsoil Dominator.

Haven't seen many people say it but I run Echo Red Armor. Never had a problem and seems to do a good job.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk
Yep haven't seen much echo but last I was reading this oil stuff consensus was that red armor was top of the line.

I'm leaning more to buying a gallon of red armor and be done with it. I was hoping to go with a semi syn oil but may go full syn.

When I did run amsoil I ran Dominator.

I am using Echo Power Blend at 40:1 in everything. When it's gone I might try their Red Armor.

In the past I've used whatever I had whether it was for air cooled 2 strokes or not. Castrol 2t, Pennzoil snowmobile oil, Klotz Techniplate, Valvoline 2 stroke... never an issue with any of them. Many of those years using "whatever" a lot of the time I was using my old Mini Mac 30, and that saw still has tons of compression.

Amsoil saber in all two strokes 80 to 1 runs very clean . I run Amsoil in my Harley I never put a temp gauge on it . Seems to run cooler I used Moblie 1 before . I enjoy the bike a lot more .

Back