so why exactly are ms200t's so expensive?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's actually usage worth of Stihl ms200t and ms201t, now from the 8 years distance?
Is there any real difference in quality work time between the Stihl ms200/ms201 rear handle and for example Stihl 021/ms211 or Husqvarna 120 mark II (being in the similar ccm3 range but very different in price)?
Also I read here on the site that there is some difference in the parts between Stihl 020t and ms200t (other than flippy caps and more metal/plastic in one or another), so if that's the case, what parts are the ones that won't interchange between the two?

Is this chainsaw on the picture a Stihl 020t rear handle version, I looked for it on Mike Acres site but I didn't find any specified info or pictures about it (I did find info on Stihl ms200 rear handle, is there any big difference between top and rear handle other than obvious ones), does anyone know is it reliable like Stihl 020t/ms200t top handle?

View attachment 858169 View attachment 858173 View attachment 858171

IMG_0107.jpeg

Well, thank you very much LoneWolf for explanation and pictures!
I looked once more around here, and this time had better luck, and found some explanations in the thread calleds ''need a light saw'' and ''best small chainsaw'' about my question on the Stihl 021/210 vs Stihl ms200rear handle.

Generally recommendation is:
-if you are low on the money buy an older type of 021 with red trigger because it's not so pricey, but it's around 4.2kg in weight, little more torque with around 2.03 H.P., with recommended 14'' bar (for best usage, it can pull and 16'' bar but with some significant loss in power), the chainsaw is made mostly of plastic and it's in the 'homeowner' class grade, also in some other thread it is said that the muffler port on the cylinder is better/more open on the ones with the red trigger (the red trigger thing is also the case and with 023&025 chainsaws);
and
-if the money isn't a problem, buy the Stihl ms200 rear handle version, you get more of a 'saw, because it is around 3.8kg in weight, little less torque but faster RPM, with around 2.4 H.P., with recommended 14'' bar (for best usage, but it can pull and 16'' bar without some significant loss in power), also it is better built 'saw and it's in the 'pro' class grade.

Now, one more question. Is it a good price for a Stihl ms200 rear handle =around 215 euros (which is around 250 in US $), I saw one here on some local ad's website, it was in solidly preserved state but it was already gone after just two days after showing up. Did I just missed a really good chance, or it was overpriced? :confused:

Well, thank you very much LoneWolf for explanation and pictures!
I looked once more around here, and this time had better luck, and found some explanations in the thread calleds ''need a light saw'' and ''best small chainsaw'' about my question on the Stihl 021/210 vs Stihl ms200rear handle.

Generally recommendation is:
-if you are low on the money buy an older type of 021 with red trigger because it's not so pricey, but it's around 4.2kg in weight, little more torque with around 2.03 H.P., with recommended 14'' bar (for best usage, it can pull and 16'' bar but with some significant loss in power), the chainsaw is made mostly of plastic and it's in the 'homeowner' class grade, also in some other thread it is said that the muffler port on the cylinder is better/more open on the ones with the red trigger (the red trigger thing is also the case and with 023&025 chainsaws);
and
-if the money isn't a problem, buy the Stihl ms200 rear handle version, you get more of a 'saw, because it is around 3.8kg in weight, little less torque but faster RPM, with around 2.4 H.P., with recommended 14'' bar (for best usage, but it can pull and 16'' bar without some significant loss in power), also it is better built 'saw and it's in the 'pro' class grade.

Now, one more question. Is it a good price for a Stihl ms200 rear handle =around 215 euros (which is around 250 in US $), I saw one here on some local ad's website, it was in solidly preserved state but it was already gone after just two days after showing up. Did I just missed a really good chance, or it was overpriced? :confused:
Yes that price is a steal, worth 600.00 - 750.00 American easily.

I read on other threads that there is a problem with accelerating pump in carburetors used in Stih ms200t, and I found interesting information on this link :

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-020t-chainsaw.173503/#post-2979402This solved problem of fixed H screw jet on Stihl 020t, WT-326 carburetor on the Stihl 020t is replaced with fully adjustable carb WT-215 from a 021/023/025 with some modulations, swapped the throttle and choke shafts from the WT-326 over to the WT-215 and rotated the fuel inlet elbow for 90 degrees. Could this work for the Stihl ms 200t/ms200 also, and end the problem (more easily than weld modifications to the carburetors) with accelerating pump, or it's not possible due too to much difference in construction?

I'll probably use my 346XP to limb the tree when the time comes.
The farmer needs to cut away the blackberry bushes around the base of the tree and send me pictures of the tree base using a 8' 2x4 for scaling.

I bought a freshly rebuilt 200T from Lone Wolf and I couldn’t be more pleased with it.

I had an MS192 TC that I gave to my son several years ago. i was talking to him about it a few weeks ago and he brought it to me saying he has no need for it anymore. He lives in the city and had only very little need for it when I let him take it home. It hasn’t been used a whole lot And is in great shape.

i used it today and after using the 200, the 192 is weak by comparison.

About my question on the Stihl 021/210 vs Stihl ms200rear handle.

They are completely different saws.

The MS 200 has very good power over 10,000 rpm, and of course really light and compact, cutting speed with a 3/8p .050" saw chain +.

Excellent handling, very light and compact. (When the new 020 came, stihl said " This new chainsaw offers excellent control and handling and is therefore an ideal limbing saw for small to medium-sized wood. The outstanding balance and control of this model have been achieved by optimizing the center of gravity relative to the swinging axis as well as the moments of inertia and rotation "

b8ams200.jpg

The 200T is a pro saw, mag case & removable cylinder. The 210's - 250's are plastic, clamshell, homeowner saws that cost less to produce

Latest posts

Back