Soaking spark arrestor screen in Brake Cleaner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thought ZeroJunk. I had my BG86 blower do the same. I never thought of leaving it out the last time it plugged. Obviously, my blower slows down gradually long before I really notice.
Now you got me wondering if I can remove the screen and re-install the nut. I'll have to look
Mine clogs to no big deal, only occasionally.

Now those ARE stupid questions. I asked how long people usually soak the screen in brake cleaner, which is a pretty standard way of cleaning these screens, as I understand it. Maybe it wasn't as well thought out as you would like, but others apparently thought so because I got some good answers.

Then there are always in these forums the insecure people who want to show how intelligent they are. And how funny. They are usually neither.
I rarely agree with @grizz55chev but he is right.

Wow, 49 comments about something as elementary as removing carbon from a spark arrestor screen. I'm amazed. Why I quit commenting on political threads. Everyone has an opinion or some sort of input and opinions are like buttholes, most stink.

This forum is like most forums so not unusual at all. On another forum I'm on, 156 comments about the difference between off road diesel and on road diesel. No difference except off road is dyed red, but 156 comments anyway. I didn't even bother to respond on that thread. Waste of time and finger energy typing a comment.

I do that here as well, but especially on political threads.

Wow, 49 comments about something as elementary as removing carbon from a spark arrestor screen. I'm amazed. Why I quit commenting on political threads. Everyone has an opinion or some sort of input and opinions are like buttholes, most stink.

This forum is like most forums so not unusual at all. On another forum I'm on, 156 comments about the difference between off road diesel and on road diesel. No difference except off road is dyed red, but 156 comments anyway. I didn't even bother to respond on that thread. Waste of time and finger energy typing a comment.

I do that here as well, but especially on political threads.
It is somewhat entertaining. If not, nobody would be here for long.

Fair statement, however, entertainment don't equate directly to leaving a comment, especially ones that are arcane in nature. I read threads all the time on here and elsewhere but at some point in any thread, comments become irrelevant.

With an MS170, spark arrestor screen removed- you could cut two small sticks, rub those two small sticks together to create fire. ;)

One could probably also use the rubber band from one's man-bun to fashion a bow with which to start a fire with a bow-drill...
or use the sand from one's mangina to strike sparks from one's clutched pearls...
amazon.gif

If you ask experts a question and they don't "just answer it". You are fortunate they took the time to politely hint you didn't even know enough to ask the right question. After I had been around a while I started to pick up on seeing the real "expert" wander away knowing the asker wasn't knowledgeable enough to understand a correct answer ... Your ideas may very.

Back