Sold my home made splitter plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjanket

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I saw and bought a used American CLS splitter I couldn't refuse. I was considering building a splitter but this beauty was too much to pass on. It has a very capable 5HP engine that is PLENTY for the job, any job. 13gpm pump, 4" cylinder. 4 way wedge, large 13" tires.
I split some 18" dry and nasty hickory easily last nite. It's a beauty. Why did I consider building one anyway?
Not sure how you can beat this American splitter. Rugged, simple, pump doesn't hang down near the ground like the TSC/Speedo splitters. With the big tires, the splitting rail is plenty high off the ground to accomodate my height nicely.

Mike is one happy boy now. We're gonna have split wood for next season's burning.

Mike

no pics????

it's blasphemy to talk about a splitter here and not post any pictures.

THat must be SOME splitter to sell your home to pay for plans. LOLOLOLOL:cheers: Hey, somebody had to be the wise guy.:clap:

I've put together a parts list before for stuff, and generally, its cheaper and of course easier to just buy something, and if you picked up a great tool like that second hand, then you really lucked out and put me on the 'wish it was me' list.

I second the " what, no pics?" comment, in this forum we rely on pics, so come on, indulge us........pleeeease.

Last edited:
Home made splitter plans

I'm so old fashioned I don't have a digital camera. I've worked myself up to a Kodak Brownie, however. Takes purty black and white pictures.

Used the splitter today. It's a honey, plain and simple. I looked for a used unit for quite some time. After seeing new ones at a dealer, I decided to try and fetch a used one. Worked out fine. While most splitters are quite functional, the American is so well constructed that there's plenty of standing room to collect the split wood. It's easily as fine a unit as the Timberwolf and cheaper to boot.

Mike

Back