Some "co-ordinated" 3 saw plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just for fun............Thought about some 3 saw plans where the saws kind of fit together and are from relatively the same time frames. And I came up with about a dozen from my own collection. Think I got about a dozen pics to load up and I'll do 2 or 3 to a post, but it may take a little time. Since I'm doing this, I want to mention a few members who helped me score some of these nice saws: Barney34, HarryBarker, Taplinhill, Weimedog, and Chainsawwhisperer. Enjoy the pics guys. :clap:

First start with some older Huskys, 44, L77, and 285CD

rwyjL.jpg

A few of the best of Husky's 2 series, 242XP, 262XP, 272XP

XhYre.jpg

Some early Jonnys; 451E, 621, and an 80/801 mix

GBfn1.jpg

Last edited:
OK, a little closer to home...........

Early Homelites, EZ, XL12 auto, and XL-800

tBWDY.jpg

Used that blue Homie just a couple weeks ago to cut this load of wood. Gotta take the old girls out now and then. Notice the Pioneer P51 on the big log in the back.

wGLzM.jpg

Some newer Homelites. 330, SXL, and 925. Lot's of guys dump on the 330's but they're not a bad saw to run. The 925 has loads of torque and quite a bark.

Raet4.jpg

Last edited:
3 of my favorite Jonnys. 2055 turbo, 670 Champ, and 930 Super. One time where the word "super" wasn't out of place.

zpjC9.jpg

That was mostly a 90's trio, the 80's version might have looked like this. 490, 630 Super, and 910E.

76LYB.jpg

Another good Husky trio. 254XP, 266XP, and 288XP.

e9gC9.jpg

Taking a break from all the red and orange stuff, how about some Macs? 10-10, ProMac 60, and ProMac 850. All of them have seen some trigger time over the past year.

qnpwj.jpg

Yeah OK, I know there's a couple of German companies in the saw business. We'll call this one the Schlieffen plan. (Know what that was?) Solo 651, Dolmar 119, and Stihl 041 Super.

sn9ze.jpg

Last edited:
This one might be my favorite. Let's call this one "Jonsered Heavy Metal". 52E, 70E, and 90.

gvFZA.jpg

And from there we get to what we could call the Attack of the Clones. (But pretty nice clones). 2153, 2156WH, and 2172 (still a virgin).

MHjV2.jpg

And a Husky doesn't always have to have an "XP" decal on the cover to be a good saw. 246, 50 Special, and 257.

CoS00.jpg

Spike, thats a good idea with this thread, I never really thought about it before. You got some good combos going on for sure.

If I get time, I can join in if you like. Got a few interesting combos to share.

Those are some good 3 saw plans. I'm on a 5 saw plan and usually take 2 depending on what size wood I think I'll be cutting.

I am 500 miles from my saws and don't have this lineup as a group photograph. Can someone throw up some Poulan green? I am thinking S25CVA, 3700 and 8500.

I am 500 miles from my saws and don't have this lineup as a group photograph. Can someone throw up some Poulan green? I am thinking S25CVA, 3700 and 8500.

That surely is a 3 saw plan worth adding to the group. Ive used the 2 out of your plan many times with the S25CVA and 3.7. Just got a 5200 in a month ago and its on deck soon.

Nice thread, Nice collection Spike.
I like the heavy metal, 52E, 70E and 80.
I have to see what i might have for smaller
saws so i can play in this game.

Lee

Subscribing

That old metal brings back good memories. My uncle favored 60cc Jonsereds, though his contemporaries loved the 90 and 70e in particular.

Gramps was a hardcore Homelite guy

Yeah OK, I know there's a couple of German companies in the saw business. We'll call this one the Schlieffen plan. (Know what that was?)

That was the general staff's plan before WW1 to win a victory in Europe by quickly defeating the French in chainsaw races in the west, then sending chainsaw armed troops east by railroad before Russia could get their saws working.

Thankfully this failed.

Here's a three green saw plan

This is my 3 saw plan. Most of it is green, but it's all still Poulan.
attachment.php

From left to right, they are a 25DA(not a Super, just a 2.1ci), a 4620AV, and a 4000 with a 24" bar. If you notice, there are a handful of other saws in the background, those are just more projects.

Nick

edit: sorry for the pretty crappy picture. I didn't feel like dragging the nice camera out.

Awesome pictures! Love those old J-red pics & saws. Don't have any three saw pic yet...but leme see

How about:

Jonsered 455, 670, 920?

Maybe...with a few wrinkles.

Jonsered 820 with 18inch Sugihara, 920 Stock with 24 inch Sugihara, 920/930 with 28inch Sugi?

Or Jonsered 2150, 2172, 2094?

I'll try to get some pics up

Latest posts

Back