something new ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My new rope wash bag just arrived, now if my wife would just step out for a minute.
Maybe I should leave my wallet on the counter. :D

Thanks for that Rich.
xyxthumbs.gif

I haven`t learned how to daisy chain, it`s illustrated on page 35 in ON ROPE but I have yet to figure it out. :confused:

Not sure how much you paid for this thing Kevin (bible is outside in the car) but if you need one in a pinch, they can be found at WalMart for about $8 a piece in the laundry section. I think they are white. Good for a couple uses if no metal is in there... with metal present 1 use and then no more.

Pine Sap/Tar/Super Glue We took down 6 24" DBH today. Ive got Pine Goop on everything. Nasty! How do you remove it from Vehicle finishes? Its all over my bucket truck. I usually work a few pines a week but these were just Oozing.

The truck had so much sap on it I had to clean the windshield with mixed gas to see to drive home. O man i just walked outside and realized the truck is parked under a light Now theres a million buds in the sap. :eek:

Try Go-Jo. Even the cheapo Discount Auto Parts version (99 cents) cuts sap well. We keep a can in every truck to clean up after handling pine.

For my hands I like to use Fast Orange. Works good for me. There are other products though where you don't need any water at all.,

I've found shaving cream works well on pitch.

Daiseychaining is taking a loop, I use an overhand knot, passing a bight through it then a bit through a bite....The locking the final loop off with a half hitch

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

That must be a tree guy!

look at all the scabs and scars on his hands!

Never be a hand modle!

:rolleyes:

When you put it into the wash, just wind it back and forth around the spindel. I've found it comes out better then if you wind it continuosly.

Latest posts

Back