soo happy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky154

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
canada -new brunswick - bathurst area- mainly fren
I finally got my first new chainsaw at 16 year old . a beautiful and power full 357xp non epa off course . i burn two tank off gas since Friday in a couple of hours cutting dead three .... still in break in process so i take it easy and give her some shot I Don't want to glaze my cylinder and after each 15-20 minutes i let her cool down and start again
anyway I hope I'm doing it well . And i have a question for you guys when i go to husqvarna.ca i cant see any 346xp are they discontinued or maybe she change name i would like to know

1. 50:1 using high quality synthetic or at least semi-synthetic oil and at least 89 octane gas.
2. Run it like you stole it.

1. 50:1 using high quality synthetic or at least semi-synthetic oil and at least 89 octane gas.
2. Run it like you stole it.

Yep. I wouldnt lean or push the saw through the cut (even when broken in). Just run it normal. No special break in procedures are necessary. In my opinion, synthetic oil is awesome! I use Stihl hp Ultra, and my saws engines are nice and clean, less crap build up than the older dino oil. I been using ultra for about a year, now, and I can see the difference.

congrats. I remember when you joined. I like to stay a bit rich for the first 10 tanks and after that bring it to the dealer and get them to tune it up. They never get it perfect but you only need to finetine it from there. Good luck, If you take care of that saw if will last the test of time. Get us some nice pics after you cut up some wood!

congrats. I remember when you joined. I like to stay a bit rich for the first 10 tanks and after that bring it to the dealer and get them to tune it up. They never get it perfect but you only need to finetine it from there. Good luck, If you take care of that saw if will last the test of time. Get us some nice pics after you cut up some wood!

I did the same thing.

I get the saw back, won't idle. So I got the ole book out and completely re-dialed all 3 screws - then buried it in some maple for fine tuning and check for any bogging.

Boy does that thing run good now.

ooh yhea huskydave its a beast !! you can be sure when i come back home i will take son picture because right now I'm in a farm living with my uncle and working in cow poop :p to realize some of my dreams
like buying a chainsaw... you should have seen the face of the old guy at my dealer :p

Last edited:
I think he meant don't let anyone borrow it. Unless of course you're standing there watching them the whole time. Then you might as well be doing all the cutting yourself.

As a general rule, most people who don't own decent OPE or equipment in general either don't know how to properly care for it or they simply don't care to since it isn't there tool/equipment.

ok its now clear in my head :p well i never let the others use my thing since my older brother careless he is break every thing he touch one day after burning tree piston in the same week he said its not MY fault jeez i would have hit him:givebeer: and yes some people don't care about some damage because they have the money and time to bring it to the dealer and say to the guy it wont start anymore

and maybe i can start cutting 8ft long log to 16 inches to make money with my new saw to maybe buy a bigger one or a smaller to make some trail or some lumber

Yup, maybe you could try selling firewood in small amounts, then get bigger. That would give you a lot of experience with your saw, teach maintence and chain care/sharpening. We have about 5 good months of winter here and I help some old folks with firewood(free), this gives me a chance to bond with the saws and show others how to care for and use them.

Back