• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell South Bend Lathe for Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
procarbine2k1

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
IMG_20140323_170843831.jpg

I am putting my lathe up for sale. (I posted it here so one of you guys looking to do machining on cylinders will see it).
I believe it is a South Bend heavy 9. It is an older lathe (pre WWII), and has seen quite a bit of use, and has a lot of life left in it.
I have some collets that will go along with it, and an imported tool post.

Please message me for details, I am only asking $950 for it, and it is definitely worth it. I'd like to see it go to a good home. The table it is on is at least worth a few hundred bucks.
110v, 1/3hp Baldor motor (practically new). I've only ran the recommended Mobil Vactra and Velocite oils.

Armbru84

Armbru84

Sucker for saws over 100cc
. AS Supporting Member.
View attachment 577679

I am putting my lathe up for sale. (I posted it here so one of you guys looking to do machining on cylinders will see it).
I believe it is a South Bend heavy 9. It is an older lathe (pre WWII), and has seen quite a bit of use, and has a lot of life left in it.
I have some collets that will go along with it, and an imported tool post.

Please message me for details, I am only asking $950 for it, and it is definitely worth it. I'd like to see it go to a good home. The table it is on is at least worth a few hundred bucks.
110v, 1/3hp Baldor motor (practically new). I've only ran the recommended Mobil Vactra and Velocite oils.
PM in your inbox.

Stihl 041S
This is my South Bend. I don't know what year it was made. I need to get one of those wedge style tool rests for it. They are expensive. The stands it is sitting on are filled with concrete.
What I really want is a PowerMatic 3520B.
View attachment 577747
Great idea on the concrete.
During WW2 the government sent out a bulletin how to stiffen up a lathe with concrete and steel.

Made them a LOT stiffer.

To the OP........great deal.
Easy to get parts and accessories

procarbine2k1

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's going to a good guy, that I am sure is going to get some good use out of it. I know I probably listed it too cheap, but it's going to a good home. I'll snag something else one of these days... I have plenty of "wants" for my little shop at the house. Thank you for all the interest and kind words guys.

Latest posts