SP125C Restored

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got it done. The first saw I bought was pretty bad - shown in the "before" pictures. Jug and piston were history so after much searching I located another powerhead on this site. Since I already had the exterior parts from the first saw repainted, I cleaned up the innards from the second saw and installed the restored parts from the first saw.

It's one powerful saw and with the anti vib, pretty comfortable - about the same weight as my 1050 and well balanced with the 36" bar. I almost hate to put it into wood, but love the way it cuts and can always clean it up again. Thanks to all who posted on the 125 - great information that was really helpful in the restoration.

Nice saw....i have been wanting one for a while now...maybe one day.:rockn:

If you dont mind sharing the info, what color and brand of paint did you use? it looks SUPER nice. congrats on a job well done.

Thanks for the compliments. It cuts like crazy. I'd like to see what it does with an 18" bar.

Don't mind sharing the paint info - will have to get details from the shop. The yellow is a "safety yellow" quick drying enamel. All parts were sandblasted and sanded smooth. Did my best not to smooth out original casting marks and edges. For the fuel tank, I put down a coat of black engine enamel followed by a coat of texture paint made to simulate stone. It was the closest thing I could find. It has some lighter colors to it so I followed by another coat of engine enamel, then a coat of spar urethane over all the parts. Hopefully this will at least slow down any damage from gas. All are available at DIY lumber stores.
It will take a while to cure completely as I don't have a bake oven I can use (without risking my marriage).

Yep a darn pretty SOB theres has tons of grunt sold em new and after all these years i have 3 in my collection.

King of the Forest it was the last of the big reed valve engines from Mc,

Mc Bob.

That's one good-looking saw, congrats! If you drained the fuel mix & bar oil, your wife shouldn't have a problem with you baking the saw in the oven...heck, she could even throw in chicken at the same time, so not to waste energy :hmm3grin2orange:.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a lovely piece of machinery! King of the Macs. Would love one myself. Great job on the restoration. Well done!

buzz sawyer said:
Mark
You want to try some carving with it? I'll see if I can get a dime tip bar. lol
I want to compliment you on your carvings too. I'll PM you on that.
Think they make 1/4" for that?lol,Thanks.
Mark

buzz sawyer said:
How's this? Just took it down with the Dremel and regrooved for the chain.
I could only get it to quarter size due to the roller tip. Should be just the thing for carving those big logs.

Looks good!!! Now we need a few guys to help us hold it still and we can do some detail work,lol.

SWEET! Great looking saw. Especially like the carving bar!;)

Latest posts

Back