SP125C Restored

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzz sawyer
Finally got it done. The first saw I bought was pretty bad - shown in the "before" pictures. Jug and piston were history so after much searching I located another powerhead on this site. Since I already had the exterior parts from the first saw repainted, I cleaned up the innards from the second saw and installed the restored parts from the first saw.

It's one powerful saw and with the anti vib, pretty comfortable - about the same weight as my 1050 and well balanced with the 36" bar. I almost hate to put it into wood, but love the way it cuts and can always clean it up again. Thanks to all who posted on the 125 - great information that was really helpful in the restoration.

buzz sawyer
Thanks for the compliments. It cuts like crazy. I'd like to see what it does with an 18" bar.

Don't mind sharing the paint info - will have to get details from the shop. The yellow is a "safety yellow" quick drying enamel. All parts were sandblasted and sanded smooth. Did my best not to smooth out original casting marks and edges. For the fuel tank, I put down a coat of black engine enamel followed by a coat of texture paint made to simulate stone. It was the closest thing I could find. It has some lighter colors to it so I followed by another coat of engine enamel, then a coat of spar urethane over all the parts. Hopefully this will at least slow down any damage from gas. All are available at DIY lumber stores.
It will take a while to cure completely as I don't have a bake oven I can use (without risking my marriage).

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's one good-looking saw, congrats! If you drained the fuel mix & bar oil, your wife shouldn't have a problem with you baking the saw in the oven...heck, she could even throw in chicken at the same time, so not to waste energy :hmm3grin2orange:.

carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
buzz sawyer said:
How's this? Just took it down with the Dremel and regrooved for the chain.
I could only get it to quarter size due to the roller tip. Should be just the thing for carving those big logs.

Looks good!!! Now we need a few guys to help us hold it still and we can do some detail work,lol.