SpeeCo SplitMASTER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I finally made a decision on a new 3pt. splitter. Was a toss up between one that split in both directions, or one that could go vertical. I ended up getting the SpeeCo 3pt. model, from Rural King. One of the draw backs of the others to me, was having to order it and the shipping.

The same splitter from TSC was $749 and the local store didn't have one in stock. So went to a Rural King store, for the first time, about a 30mile drive, and got it for $649. Funny thing though, on the way back, I stopped at TSC and bought the log craddle shelf for it. LOL That was another $50. But sure is handy.

Split a load with it thismorning, after getting put together and running yesterday. Works great!! I am pleased with it. The only thing is. I can't use it in the vertical yet, with the craddle on there. My tires are 38"s on my 5000 Ford, and they just keep it from going vertical. I took a small bit off the corner of the log catcher craddle yesterday. Have plenty of clearence now for up & down and driving with it on there. Just needs a little mod yet to use it verticaly.

The hyd. pump on the old 5000 only puts out 6 gpm. at 2500 psi. So cycle times are not fast. But its plenty quick for me. :) I don't plan on entering any splitter races anyway. In reviews I have read on this machine, everyone complains about the flimsy legs. So far I don't see them as a problem. Makes it easy to unhook from it, and is self supported. Time will tell I guess how it all works out. But for now I'm pleased, and for not much money.

SpeecoSplitmaster009.jpg

SpeecoSplitmaster006.jpg

SpeecoSplitmaster008.jpg

SpeecoSplitmaster018.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Hey, that's spiffy!

If you don't want to modify it, just park the rear wheels over a hump, packed dirt or some wide lumber scraps, etc.

A bit of angle iron attached diagonally across those legs would stiffen them up a bunch.

Back