Spider leg slings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I posted this in 101 too

I'm making some spider leg slings for limb balancing out of 3/8 tenex. What are some good length to make these?

Two 16'ers. One 24' . Of tenex. Anymore then that I just use a piece of the 1000 different scap tails of rope I have. Ive been leaving the tenex tail on my rigging rope after branching out.. It helps with retrieval and the ground guys like it as a tag. But that's just me.

thanks i posted this here because its harder to get responses over in the 101

I posted this in 101 too

I'm making some spider leg slings for limb balancing out of 3/8 tenex. What are some good length to make these?

You didnt need to post in the 101. This is a advanced rigging topic, belongs in here. The newb q's I move down there, but when u guys have q's or looking for advice from your peers, this is the place. If ya could delete your post, either here or in 101, that way we dont have a double thread going on

You didnt need to post in the 101. This is a advanced rigging topic, belongs in here. The newb q's I move down there, but when u guys have q's or looking for advice from your peers, this is the place. If ya could delete your post, either here or in 101, that way we dont have a double thread going on

will do, i never post threads over there but didn't want it to get bumped over there so now i know:msp_thumbsup:

I posted this in 101 too

Did you see the one at the trade show Sherrill Tree had there for the crane? Pretty slick set-up cant wait to try it out. I doubt your need spider legs that long but its the same idea.

Did you see the one at the trade show Sherrill Tree had there for the crane? Pretty slick set-up cant wait to try it out. I doubt your need spider legs that long but its the same idea.

I seen it hanging there as they were putting it back in the bag monday evening. Didnt even put two and two together, but I was in a dazy with all the shiny new equipment there.

no i didn't whats it look like?

Here is a vid from sherill tree on spider legs. It is pretty simular to what they had at the show except they were using 3/4" or 1" tennex

[video=youtube_share;x3VyAAzGdIM]http://youtu.be/x3VyAAzGdIM[/video]

seriously. if you have no talent then sure check out spider slings and feel like wasting big money on a crane rental take all the time you want and actually not make any real money by only being able to do one job or one tree in a day.

go right ahead and take all the time in the world! there is nothing productive about running up and down a 2k lb limb tying 3 or 4 knots and then going back to your cut spot and dycking around retying your self in twice and then having to watch you spike in and out until you comfortable and then you reach around yourself to grab your saw and then watching you heave the saw up over your shoulders and start to cut around eye level and dust gets in your eyes and then you spike all around the place to get better saw placement and then you reposition again post cut to put yourself in a "safe place" before release and then you sitting up there rubbing your shoulders in tiredness while your dumbdumb groundies can't figure out how to untie the knots or the crane can't set it down cause the LZ is actually not set up for how the piece can only come down and now your knees are getting sore cause you still up there with your thumb in your bum and what do you know its now 1030 and only 2 picks in......

yup. do it with spider slings! yay! learn how to read the tree and send it out on 1 or 2 slings or continue on sucking at crane work.

anyway today we took out 2 silver maples, one massive one ok and the bign was over the house and pushing against all the house wirage... a rookie climber and me on the mic. all 1 and 2 sling pic and yes i looked and saw maybe 3 and 4 places for spiderslings on almost ever brush pick.... 2 slings thanks. i left that job at 145 and went onto the next gig which was no joke either...

the point? the only thing stopping you from making any money is the tree you working on. you gotta be able to do more in a day. gotta. not my fault you don't understand....

and the last thing to enter my ass was my fingertip when i aggressively wiped with generic toilet paper so you can "I have a potty mouth", joe dirt.

seriously. if you have no talent then sure check out spider slings and feel like wasting big money on a crane rental take all the time you want and actually not make any real money by only being able to do one job or one tree in a day.

go right ahead and take all the time in the world! there is nothing productive about running up and down a 2k lb limb tying 3 or 4 knots and then going back to your cut spot and dycking around retying your self in twice and then having to watch you spike in and out until you comfortable and then you reach around yourself to grab your saw and then watching you heave the saw up over your shoulders and start to cut around eye level and dust gets in your eyes and then you spike all around the place to get better saw placement and then you reposition again post cut to put yourself in a "safe place" before release and then you sitting up there rubbing your shoulders in tiredness while your dumbdumb groundies can't figure out how to untie the knots or the crane can't set it down cause the LZ is actually not set up for how the piece can only come down and now your knees are getting sore cause you still up there with your thumb in your bum and what do you know its now 1030 and only 2 picks in......

yup. do it with spider slings! yay! learn how to read the tree and send it out on 1 or 2 slings or continue on sucking at crane work.

anyway today we took out 2 silver maples, one massive one ok and the bign was over the house and pushing against all the house wirage... a rookie climber and me on the mic. all 1 and 2 sling pic and yes i looked and saw maybe 3 and 4 places for spiderslings on almost ever brush pick.... 2 slings thanks. i left that job at 145 and went onto the next gig which was no joke either...

the point? the only thing stopping you from making any money is the tree you working on. you gotta be able to do more in a day. gotta. not my fault you don't understand....

and the last thing to enter my ass was my fingertip when i aggressively wiped with generic toilet paper so you can "I have a potty mouth", joe dirt.

Boy are you bitter. Did you forget about that you stuck your finger in your ass and then picked your nose with that same finger?

I see your point, but there is times that spyder legs would be handy.

oldirty you may know what your talking about when it comes to cranes but this isnt a crane thread. Im makina a couple slings to try out on rigging some low branches over a deck and house. This is stricky experimental to see if its any better for me then doing the old tip and butt tie. This job has to be done with not one scratch to the ladies painted deck she is very particular. so if you have nothing to add to the topic then leave.

I think you did a little jiggle while your finger was up there and you like it:laugh:

Latest posts

Back