split a little wood this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew someone would whine that it wasn't two cords. It absolutely is, and heres how I know. The rounds prior to being split were neatly stacked. Three rows deep of 20" length rounds, 5' high and 13' long at the base, 11' at the top (angled ends). So an average of 12.

Lets do simple math 5 x 5 x 12 = 300 cu. ft./128 cu.ft. per cord = 2.34 cords. I figured a little air space due to rounds not stacking as tight as split wood, so I put 2, not 2.34.

So next time you want to question someone's integrity, have something to back it up, ok champ.

Pretty good output for 1 1/2 hours of work. That's about 2/3 of the amount I need for annual burning here.
A couple of short sessions with that thing would set me up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I ain't he man what questioned if that is 2 cords, and I ain't the man sitting next to the man what questioned if that was 2 cords, I ain't even the man sitting next to the man sitting next to the man what questioned if that was 2 cords. Whats I want 2 no is who stacks there firewood in neat rows before they split it and throws it into a pile ;) :)

Stacking in in rows makes splitting much quicker. I park the splitter a couple feet from the pile, I can turn around grab a round at a comfortable height and be on my way. When I finish a section I wheel the splitter down the line. I don't like bending over and picking half frozen rounds off the ground.

Now I ain't he man what questioned if that is 2 cords, and I ain't the man sitting next to the man what questioned if that was 2 cords, I ain't even the man sitting next to the man sitting next to the man what questioned if that was 2 cords. Whats I want 2 no is who stacks there firewood in neat rows before they split it and throws it into a pile ;) :)

I do! Makes for much easier splitting with the SS. But I am hauling all rounds out of the timber to split, so when unloading the truck it is just as easy to stack it up.

Im curious how someone can look at a picture of a pile and definitively say it's x amount of wood. There are too many factors to consider. Length of pile, height of pile, depth of pile, tightness of pile. Realistically I know how much wood is there. If others choose to not believe the math, so be it. 2 cords is not a lot of wood. Certain people remind me of those customers who expect a F550 with 4 ' sides to show up to drop a cord, then say aren't you gonna stack it.

Im curious how someone can look at a picture of a pile and definitively say it's x amount of wood. There are too many factors to consider. Length of pile, height of pile, depth of pile, tightness of pile. Realistically I know how much wood is there. If others choose to not believe the math, so be it. 2 cords is not a lot of wood. Certain people remind me of those customers who expect a F550 with 4 ' sides to show up to drop a cord, then say aren't you gonna stack it.
I can't speak for the rest, but i'm just bustin. I believe you it's two cords. I didn't doubt it from the beginning, it was just funny because whenever someone posts a pic of a woodpile and says it's x amount of wood, theres always someone that says "no way that's x amount of wood"

Latest posts

Back