Split fingers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a guitar player friend thats is like your tuba friend. Every time he plays one of my guitars, I have to change the strings cause they will rust the next day, where I don't have that problem.
I also have this problem myself. I started buying stainless guns so the problem would be minimized but I can even rust one of those if I'm not careful. Brushed stainless is a lost cause for me. I have to oil my guns as soon as I'm done shooting and only touch them with an oil covered rag as I put them away. Unpainted surfaces around here are easily identifiable as mine through a simple fingerprint check

Can anyone recommend a product that can be left in the car well below freezing, say to 0 F, and still be used?

Above freezing I have a small pump bottle of lotion, and a squeeze bottle, but anything with water or glycerine is a brick 6 months of the year here.

Can anyone recommend a product that can be left in the car well below freezing, say to 0 F, and still be used?

Above freezing I have a small pump bottle of lotion, and a squeeze bottle, but anything with water or glycerine is a brick 6 months of the year here.

Liquor, but you have to take it internally. It doesn't stop dry skin, it just makes you not care anymore.:crazy:

Drink more water! Use humidifier in the house and put lotion on at night. You have to keep it from starting in the first place.

YES THIS[emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️
Caffeine and alcohol really dry your skin from the inside.

I hate it, happens every winter... Washing your hands often and 'wet work' doesn't help. What I do is grin and bear until the skin grows back enough to harden, then I trim the split skin with nail clippers to keep them from snagging. After that, they tend to heal up in a day or so... or until the the next split forms. Lotion helps, but I'm terrible at remembering to use it. I cut and scrape my hands pretty regularly, so I guess I'm just used to having my hands hurt. Doesn't mean I like it though...

My thumbs give me the most trouble, fill the cracks with super glue and drive on.
Maybe my washing hands OCD aggravates the problem and stuff.

O'keef's hand cream works well !! I use it on my feet also! its the best ,the others mention are good too!!

Back