Splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying give reference to the rear support of the push plate, Then an offhand comment on the quality or lack there of, of bolts in the supply chain. There has been a lot of complaints of late, in various machining forums, on chi-com sourced bolts in particular those that are in the higher grades of tensile strength not being what they are supposed to be. ( Likely no great revelation there though)

Finished welding the wedge to the beam.

Attachments

• 20140724_155113.jpg
    20140724_155113.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 59
The cylinder finally made its way to the beam.

Attachments

• 20140724_155129.jpg
    20140724_155129.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 94
You will be making splits soon, I can't wait to see it in action. I need to do one more thing to my splitter before I can say she is done...

JT

And that is ?
Did the hoses work out I made for you? sorry for derail.. Stewie it does look good I finally got my tank straps to modify so I can mount my tank and stuff maybe Ill do that when I work tomorrow?

The cylinder finally made its way to the beam.
Looks like one of Northerntool's cylinders. I would remove the fittings and look down into the port and see if the port is completely open or just has a small hole (smaller than the bore of the fitting) drilled in the tube. If it has the small hole just drilled , and not at least as large a hole as the fitting, I would consider dismantleing the cylinder and drilling the hole out to the proper size. It doesnt matter how big the fitting is if the actual port size is smaller than the fitting welded to the tube.

And that is ?
Did the hoses work out I made for you? sorry for derail.. Stewie it does look good I finally got my tank straps to modify so I can mount my tank and stuff maybe Ill do that when I work tomorrow?

I need to finish the beam lift mechanics.

The hoses worked good, I had to shorten two of them but that was ok.

JT

Latest posts

Back