Splitter building services.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
Anyone here employed the services of someone to build them a splitter?

Have too many projects lined up for Winter here, doubt my ability to put together something myself, and have started thinking about finding an engineering business to build a splitter. Anyone done this and it worked out well?

There are a few commercial splitter manufacturers here but they aren't making what I have in mind and I suspect they would either not wish to or would actively discourage it, should I approach them to build something.

I can't imagine that it would be economical to hire a fab shop to build a one off.
Maybe an existing mfr. would make a semi custom model?

I think cost would be prohibitive unless you provide a welder with a very detailed set of plans to do the frame and you assembled the rest.

My best friend from elementary school was a hydraulic tech for several years and is now a distribution manager for a hydraulic supply co. He offered to help me build one. Only problem is he lives in Houston and I'm in Minneaota.

Thanks fellas. Might be best to find a commercially available splitter that's closest to needs and then customise it.

Back