Splitter that can tow at 65mph?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't roll mine up a ramp in the back of a truck. I don't know what it weighs but if you can you are one bad hombre. It was less than 2000.

View attachment 340868
I see it's pretty flat in your neck of the woods, just like south Jersey but even the slightest incline gives you a lot more leverage. In desperate times I've used the regular 8' ramps that lie on the tailgate nice and flat and have used another set of 8' 2x10's to bridge from the ground to part way up the ramps sitting on the tailgate. It's not optimal but if you're stubborn enough, you will win.

Again like others mentioned a small uitility trailer works great and has many uses and the hitch ball mounted works just fine , I had a small 5 x 8 trailer I sold when I got my enclosed trailer thinking that with a truck I didn't need both ; boy was I wrong!! Could have used it numerous times since then.

Live and learn ; me = dumm a$$ for that move to say the least.

I checked the tire pressure on my splitter a while back and they were at 15 lbs. Of course these are car tires, so I didn't add any cause they looked fully inflated.

Attachments

• logl.jpg
    logl.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 35
Hello,
I don't take my splitter anywhere away from home very often, but when I do I use my 4'x8' utility trailer. I use an aluminum portable folding ramp and I have a 2000lb winch mounted on the front of the trailer.....that makes the job soooo much easier !!!! I really like one of the ideas that one of the posters had about having a trailer ball mounted to lock in the front end....that would really keep it from moving back and forth !!

Henry and Wanda

When I go on the interstate I throw mine in the trailer . Still need help pushing the heavy beast IMG_20130627_175109.jpg up the gate though

I've had several of mine over 100 but they still split the same speed & there alot more than 2 grand.

Back