SRT Technique

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamie was referring to SRT to get up, then switching to trad for working the tree. I don't think you misread him, but just in case...

Yes, a Croll will work fine, just toss on a chest harness.

Most, thanks to Tom D, call it DdRT.

Er... yeah, my secratary messed up and put Db instead of DdRT. Gotta have a talk with her about that.

I understood what he said, but I wanted to say that you dont have to use a super complex system for ascending, then I chased a rabit on backing up an ascender.

Then i said that he could use a micro pulley of the like to tend his hitch, in referance to "on teh asscent taking the spliced eye up with a hitch on it". Which I thought he was refering to a split tail.

Just clearin the mud up a bit.:)

cheers

at the moment still using the kit supplied to me, still skint, i now have an extensive wish list....jut waiting for the visa balance to shrink a bit more...

figured that the pantin would be more effective than a footloop as its less space and less hanging around when ive got to the top, and it can be reused in other situations

jamie

IN regaard to the single toothed ascender being a no no, it's backed up above itself w/ a schwaibisch, I've tried placing a vt at my waste to keep myself close, this has been hit and miss though b/c it's one other thing to untie up in the tree before you can get to working...Yes this system does take a min to set up. but you set it all up from the ground and once you get into the tree you set your stopper knot and unload/disengage the toothed ascender and your off to work no hitches to tie up there or anything too difficult. This system in my opinion is worth the extra minute of set up in exchange for added safety and an easy ascent....

I'm trying to fig out a config that will allow less gear/ cleaner set up, and as i get to using this system i hopefully will, it gets easier to set upthe more often i use it.,,,One thing i've though about is using a microascender above the handled, might make this a neater set up,,,but i don't have a microascender laying around to use at least not yet....The short piece of white rope along side of the handled needs to be shortened, i'm hoping i can find a short spectra quick connect loop runner that would do the job, the one i just bought which hoped would work, is 5", Just about 1/2 inch too short./...

Latest posts

Back