Stacks on a Diesel pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO mufflers. That thing sounds like a cummins if you idle it at about 2k. Rapps when you floor it. Sound good when driving normally. He also put marker lights on the roof. Those stacks loosened up some ponies....that truck can light em up through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. HAULS!!! keeps the exhaust from being ripped off too...

Little big truck syndrome? :monkey:

yep....told him he was nuts.....guess he thinks that just because everybody knows

its his truck its a good thing.....:monkey: I kinda like the sound. LOUD with the back window open though....

My 93 had a stack when I got it.
The stack was from a 466 international.

I drove it about 50 miles one morning and about 20 miles in I was noticing that my voice was getting strained from yelling and I couldn't hear much of what my buddy was saying.

Having that stack 6" away from the back glass made it felt like I was riding in a 80 model log truck with a "screamin' detroit". It came off shortly after.
It is just wasted bed space, blows soot all over what ever I am towing, and is louder than a southbound freight train. I see no purpose or advantage unless you are sled pulling and want the plume of soot to go up, instead of in the faces of the crowd.

NO mufflers. That thing sounds like a cummins if you idle it at about 2k. Rapps when you floor it. Sound good when driving normally. He also put marker lights on the roof. Those stacks loosened up some ponies....that truck can light em up through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. HAULS!!! keeps the exhaust from being ripped off too...
View attachment 127003
attachment.php

Ok, that is a god dam joke right there. Those aren't stacks. That's some straight up ghetto crap . Should have saved the money for a better baby stroller.

But I say why don't you guys just plumb the exhaust so it exits right into your window? Then you could really hear it good. If not that why not try sticking it your ass?

Ahh, springtime. I know a lot of guys will be out cruising the roads with thier awesome sounding machines. I will be out around 2 am with a pair of my wife's panyhose on my head and a fresh can of expanda foam everynight. I'm coming, I'm coming for you.

My favourite thing to do when I am stopped at a light behind some jackass on a loud hog is to powerbreak the crap out my car. Oh boy! You guys outta see the results. And if its coming from behind then it really gets hairy. I have a switch on my brake lights so I can turn em off. Gotcha sucker! Die! And then I will sue your family for damages. In fact that is my retirement plan.

Yeah screw you, I'll get ya, I hope you all die soon and am doing what I can to speed up the process.

Last edited:
that truck may be a joke but this is for real....

I have a bunch of 4.5" conduit that I am going to put under the truck since my exhaust is gone from the cat on back.
View attachment 128307
attachment.php

I was driving down the road with my wife in our new (to us) F350 7.3L and passed a truck with stacks. She looked over and asked "you're not going to put those on this are you?" My reply "#### NO!" The peacock remark seemed spot on to me. I hadn't considered the soot courtesy factor but I somehow doubt that's what you guys are going for.

And by the way I feel the same about the obnoxious as hell coffee can exhaust systems on all the Hondas...maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

Oh do I have a little CRX i have been looking at. I get it soon. Sorry no pics of that stuff.

I kinda had to change my mind on the stacks issue today, saw a load off hay almost burn a 09 dodge to the ground, even though their pretty, they are not practical, (if your hauling hay anyhow)

Ok, that is a god dam joke right there. Those aren't stacks. That's some straight up ghetto crap . Should have saved the money for a better baby stroller.

But I say why don't you guys just plumb the exhaust so it exits right into your window? Then you could really hear it good. If not that why not try sticking it your ass?

Ahh, springtime. I know a lot of guys will be out cruising the roads with thier awesome sounding machines. I will be out around 2 am with a pair of my wife's panyhose on my head and a fresh can of expanda foam everynight. I'm coming, I'm coming for you.

My favourite thing to do when I am stopped at a light behind some jackass on a loud hog is to powerbreak the crap out my car. Oh boy! You guys outta see the results. And if its coming from behind then it really gets hairy. I have a switch on my brake lights so I can turn em off. Gotcha sucker! Die! And then I will sue your family for damages. In fact that is my retirement plan.

Yeah screw you, I'll get ya, I hope you all die soon and am doing what I can to speed up the process.

Lol!

You tell em dano!

I dont know whats more annoying, the stacks, or the hogs... same peabrain mentallity with the both of em really.

Those dumb ass kids with the four bangers and big mufflers should just be put to death really. Of course, thats just my opinion. :)

I dont know whats more annoying, the stacks, or the hogs... same peabrain mentallity with the both of em really.

Uh oh, trouble...
Slightly baffled slash cuts on a 37 year old classic sound great, in my opinion, but I may be biased.:givebeer:

Uh oh, trouble...
Slightly baffled slash cuts on a 37 year old classic sound great, in my opinion, but I may be biased.:givebeer:

It may just sound great... to you. Hence my idea is for you to stay home in your shut up garage and run it in there.

Just some of the looks on these people's faces when I shut off the brake lights and lock em up keeps me living for more.

It may just sound great... to you. Hence my idea is for you to stay home in your shut up garage and run it in there.

Just some of the looks on these people's faces when I shut off the brake lights and lock em up keeps me living for more.

No, it just sounds good.
I do however try to avoid doing things that may incite rage from other drivers, keeping in mind that there are possibly, others who may be unbalanced and capable of harm to a person that decides to screw around on the road.

No, it just sounds good.
I do however try to avoid doing things that may incite rage from other drivers, keeping in mind that there are possibly, others who may be unbalanced and capable of harm to a person that decides to screw around on the road.

Yeah, tell me about it. Its like a Mad Max movie out there.

This is a good thing!:rock:

Well not on your way home from the freaking library. Hell I was on the turnpike the other day coming home from a little skiing. Seems like everytime I looked in the rearveiw some woman in a hummer was trying to take me out.

No doubt talking on her :censored: cell phone.

Amen!! I`m all for laws against ANY kind of phone bull:censored: while operating a vehicle.It`s way to dangerous to try and text or dial while driving.Especially teens who don`t know what the :censored: their doing in the first place.Nothing is so important that you have to do it while driving.Except keeping that vehicle on the road and knowing who and what are in front/back and on both sides of you.Stack on a pickup are ok.Better on a dually.If I were 20 something again, I might think they were cool.

Latest posts

Back