Starts first pull everytime............Really????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the person I was going to respond to was a newb-Stihlhead...pretty typical of those who haven't been around here very long, although there are few die-hard Stihl loyalist who refuse to be educated about other saw brands.

I believe the person I was going to respond to was a newb-Stihlhead...pretty typical of those who haven't been around here very long, although there are few die-hard Stihl loyalist who refuse to be educated about other saw brands.

So you did have a saw in mind that will start in 1-2 pulls cold everytime, but now you're not going to tell us?

I love easy starting saws, educate away.

Sam

Never had a cold 2 stroke start on the first pull. My Honda-powered push mower does though, even with 6 month old gas that was in the tank when I put it away for the winter. Ditto the 8hp Briggs on my Simplicity blower that needs a rebuild (burns enough oil that it fouls the plug every few hours of use...enough to cover the whole gap)...but the Tecumseh 8hp motor on my Ariens doesn't start first pull ever.

I put new fuel lines on an Eager Beaver 2.0 and many times it would start on the first pull and stay running if you flip the choke lever in time. Nothign else I have would do that.

Who here actually has a saw that starts first pull everytime when cold?
Really.....
honestly.....
No BS........

I've always wondered the same thing...and then wondered how terribly out of tune a saw must be to start on the first pull when cold. (*Mtronic/AT aside)

My saws start first pull a vast majority of the time when warm, 3 pulls when cold, and sometimes take additional pulls when the temp is deep in the negatives. Sometimes when they're warm, though, I forget to flip them to "run" and a fiasco ensues.

My 4 stroke honda lawnmower starts first pull through the summer. In spring after having had run it dry it takes a whole 2 pulls.

Sam, why don't you take the time to read all of the posts and understand the context in which I responded? I never said I knew of a saw that would start 1 pull everytime. Read, Sam, then type.

I have a Sachs Dolmar 120si that will usually start first pull if it's been running in the last 24 hours.

Sam, why don't you take the time to read all of the posts and understand the context in which I responded? I never said I knew of a saw that would start 1 pull everytime. Read, Sam, then type.

Murph,

You quoted me, and then acted like a 441 Mtronic, that starts guaranteed in 1-2 pulls everytime is something to be squashed??

Then present a 346 that takes 2-3 pulls??

Okay, what did I miss in reading that?

Here to learn,

Sam

This 50 will start on the first pull. And they call it a "Cold Start" :hmm3grin2orange:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dPKPcjOvKPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

None of my saws will start with one pull. Some start faster than others, but none with only one pull.

geoff.

:cheers:

Really...Honestly..no B.S.

Who here actually has a saw that starts first pull everytime when cold?
Really.....
honestly.....
No BS........

It cuts pretty good, too.

attachment.php

None on first pull. I have an 064 that takes a good bunch when it has not ran for a few days. I'm probably just to lazy to tune it. I kinda use it as a warm-up for the days work. lol

None of my saws start on the first pull even the race saws you have to squirt with a primer can.
Anyone who says a saw starts first pull from cold is full of BS.

Sorry young man but your off the mark with that last statement and are the one full of BS.

You need to read post # 7 again, then go learn about how a primer system works on a chainsaw.

Chris has demonstrated that one pull cold start with that Pioneer 700 to me on more then one occasion.

I can get my brush cutter to start on the first pull, but my saw forget it.

How come saws don't have a primer bulb?

My old partner will start first or second pull everytime but none of my modern saws will. My fs130 comes very close.

I have a Sachs Dolmar 120si that will usually start first pull if it's been running in the last 24 hours.

My Sachs Dolmar 116si does the same. Normally 1 pull when it sits overnight, 2 pulls if it sits for a week. It is now my go to saw because it starts so easy. :rock:

Back