Steam powered lumber mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the way they were--totally exposed--before the days of huge lawsuits---just like farmers and combines, and balers,--wouldnt shut off the pto before cleaning them out--and they would lose hands and fingers--

I alway's thought that was what a saw mill was.....an accident looking for a place to happen. :laugh:
I wish I had a set up like that. Low overhead, the fuel to run it is a biproduct of what you're producing.

Andy

That would be really fun to operate as long as I didn't die in the process. I've always wanted to work in a old time mill(for about a day without dying would satisfy me:biggrinbounce2: )

Evan

And the blade's just the visible part.
Wonder when that boiler was inspected and if the inspector knew what he was doing??

Interesting but scary. I just had to cringe when that guy was reaching over that saw blade to pull the slab off of the log as it was still slicing it. Like olyman said though, back then there just wasn't the safety mindset there is today. Heck I remember stuff I did as a kid on the farm... that would never be attempted today.

Latest posts

Back