Steiner Tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey. Just wondering if anyone out there has a steiner tractor. I haven't ever talked to someone who does. In my opinion by far the best tractors made but maybe thats just cuz we have three: :) Wish I could post pictures on here but I am horrible with computers.

what model ?

blizzard - what model do you have, 430, 415, or 525? I just googled them and they look like a nice below 30 hp tractor.

tractor

I don't own one either, but know a few people that do. Very versatile very tough dependable little units. harldy ever hear anything bad about them.:cheers:

S20, 430, Um428

We have an old S20 (probably my favorite), 430, and UM428. S20 was my aunts but now ours. I think it was made in 86 or 87. Compared to todays tractors it is very loose moving. Can turn on a dime. You can get your feet pinched in the hydralic if you aren't careful. New tractors are very different due to rules and regulations.
We got the 430 a few years ago and last year I bought the UM 428. It is a tractor/ utility vechicle. Haven't got to use it much but pushed our first snow with it tonight doing driveways! We only had about three inches but that thing is a horse. Can't wait till we get a big dump. What I like about it is it has a hydralic dump on it rated to 1500 lbs. Ironically that is 1.5 times what our truck is rated too. I bought the 428 for my house down the road as I am still living at home. Can't wait to haul some wood in it. As you can see we love our tractors! If you want a very reliable, long lasting, and powerful tractor I highly recommend. And versatility. Has somewhere around 25 different impliments that go on it. Wish we had more than just two of them. :(

I found some pics

Wish I could post pictures on here but I am horrible with computers.

It's you lucky day... found some pics with Google, and got them posted for you. Your's look like these?

model 430
430.jpg

model UM428
428.jpg

model S20
s20.jpg

enjoy

Gotta get my glasses checked...when I first read the title, I thought he was asking about STEIGER tractors!

steigeklop4.jpg

Last edited:
yep

yea thats them. Thanks for posting that. If I ever have some extra time i'll try to get some of my own pictures on here if I can figure it out. our S20 is probably 7-10 years older than the one in the pic so it is a little different but not much. That steiger tractor is huge!

darn. hoping someone else on this site would have one but I guess were one of a kind.

Alot of the country clubs in our area use Steiners. The one place has a real nice leaf vac settup on one.

Back