Tractor and firewood video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys I was using the backhoe on the Massey to cut up some logs. I was looking for videos like this when I was tractor shopping but couldn’t find a lot. So I made a few videos. At this point it’s just my phone. I’ve edited the videos very little as of now. Maybe I’ll keep doing them and get a mic or at least a tripod haha. I figured might as well start somewhere. I have a few if any of you are interested. This is the long one. Be gentle I’m new at it hahaha.

Get a go pro knock off, cheap and are actually pretty good. Editing takes time and a decent software.
Got any local students that would like to edit? Or even film?

Great subject, more videos welcome. I'd make two easy recommendations:
  1. Hold your phone for landscape, it fills the screen and eliminates the black boarders
  2. Move your phone closer. Sound is fine.
And, if any of the folks who recommend getting a GoPro offer you one, take them up on it.

Great subject, more videos welcome. I'd make two easy recommendations:
  1. Hold your phone for landscape, it fills the screen and eliminates the black boarders
  2. Move your phone closer. Sound is fine.
And, if any of the folks who recommend getting a GoPro offer you one, take them up on it.
Yeah good call! I just kinda leaned it on a piece of wood and supported it with a log haha. I figured I’d let it fly and see what happened. I just exited around a minute or so when I drive the tractor away and nothing was going on.

I would like to get more into it. I enjoy watching other people’s videos like this. I’m not sure if the video catches it or not but in one of the other ones I totally cream a rock with my 500i. Sparks flew so that chain needs love now.

You don't need a go pro, I have a knock off brand thay works just as good just at a $50.00 price tag.
Yeah I’m gonna buy something. I don’t think the people who would watch these video are gonna be too critical of the super fine details. I watch stuff like this all the time and I know it dosent matter to me.

Get a go pro knock off, cheap and are actually pretty good. Editing takes time and a decent software.
Got any local students that would like to edit? Or even film?
I’m gonna pick up something. Maybe one of my kids but I doubt it lol. I’ll pick up a tripod and see where it goes. Maybe I’ll get a mic at some point but we’ll see. Maybe as I get more comfortable with it. It did seem a little weird at first to be honest.

I’m gonna pick up something. Maybe one of my kids but I doubt it lol. I’ll pick up a tripod and see where it goes. Maybe I’ll get a mic at some point but we’ll see. Maybe as I get more comfortable with it. It did seem a little weird at first to be honest.

Yes it can be a bit weird at first, getting used to seeing yourself and hearing yourself on film. Once you get used to it you'll have a blast.

I use an older GoPro, and find the case is a good investment. I sometimes use it on off road motorcycle rides too, and mounted to my tractor while plowing snow, or picking up leaves so it gets wacked by branches often. And, one time while I was set to video a straight on shot of me using a throw bag, the throw was so perfect the bag went through the aimed for crotch and came down and plunked the camera.

(just twenty seconds of swinging the bag, then the sound of a solid hit)

As far as a tripod, I find the velco strap works best for me, I can mount it on a small tree, the handle of my cant hook, the hinge of a near by stump, or in a pinch, a water bottle.

IMG_0466.jpg

I don't make a very good "actor" nor even a commentator, so I don't usually even try. Most of my video is of the trees I am felling, or the trails I am riding, or the snow I am plowing. And, I get plenty of views, but almost no comments.

Enjoy your outdoor work, share your videos, heat your home!
Next up - a drone!

Back