Sthil 044 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the information it helps I know my husband would have never taken it there he would have put the chain on himself well he wouldn’t have got it stuck and had the chain fly off. But I know he wouldn’t tolerate how they are handling it.
This guy is an expert on these saws your model in particular @pioneerguy600

Well what was the last thing he told you?

He called and said he was looking for a used saw to replace mine I said I didn’t want a used one I know nothing about he said well I’m not giving you a new one unless you wanna pay the difference on 1200. I said that’s not gonna happen he said you have an old saw they don’t make them anymore I said yes it was older but it was literally like new he didn’t believe me, he is the owner and I was told he is never in the shop. The guy I left the saw with told him it was in great shape

He called and said he was looking for a used saw to replace mine I said I didn’t want a used one I know nothing about he said well I’m not giving you a new one unless you wanna pay the difference on 1200. I said that’s not gonna happen he said you have an old saw they don’t make them anymore I said yes it was older but it was literally like new he didn’t believe me, he is the owner and I was told he is never in the shop. The guy I left the saw with told him it was in great shape
IDK ,demand they buy you a super clean one to replace it they still are out there used. It might cost even more but someone on here may have or come up with one I am sure.

If you like to do your self but you don't know how, the best place to search for it is YouTube.
This is not only for chainsaw, is for everything you can come up....
Sorry for your lost.

If you like to do your self but you don't know how, the best place to search for it is YouTube.
This is not only for chainsaw, is for everything you can come up....
Sorry for your lost.[/QUOTE

Thank you, I am learning how to do things from you tube since the chainsaw, I had to replace my shower surround, that was a huge pain, but it didn’t turn out to bad

Attachments

• 6ADD339C-C872-422D-A462-48BCD63FB861.jpeg
    6ADD339C-C872-422D-A462-48BCD63FB861.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
It’s already been awhile it happened last August
Write it all down the way you remember and check with your small claims court there I think its past the statute of limitations IDK your State laws! Maybe a small claim can be filed IDK its either a month or a year?

He wasn’t a member I just found you all on google, when I dropped it off he said they were swamped so I left it

OK, I just thought if he was a member here, we might be able to find some pictures of the saw some where on this site, is all. Pictures of it's condition would help put a value on it.

I think if, it was really nice, and like new, like you say, $600 is a conservative or too low of a price.

I sold a mint like new, 044 on here two years ago, for $800. I had no problem getting that price. That saw was only up for sale for a few hours, before it was sold, I had several people who wanted to buy it.

This is it.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/minty-stihl-ks-10mm-044.309059/

If I took a like new 044 to the dealer to get fixed, and their shop burned down, they would be buying me a new 461 to replace it with. Not some clapped out 044 from craigslist or offer up. But that is just me.

This guy is an expert on these saws your model in particular @pioneerguy600

Many thanks Wolf, I do know a bit about them but pricing is as always, condition is paramount and hours are second. We would need actual picts of the saw plus shots of the cylinder and piston through the exhaust port. From that I can tell a whole lot as I have been building these saws since the mid 90`s, they come in all sorts of condition and each one needs plenty of detective work.

Latest posts

Back