Sthil 45

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Weed eater I know it's not a chainsaw and can get rid of it . Just fixing for a friend . What it had was back fire so bad it would knock the choke open . I was thinking coil was out of time tried a new coil same thing . Was digging for the flywheel key is were I was stuck . There is a clutch in front of the flywheel I have no ideal if the threads are R or L handed or how to get the clutch off .

FS45?

See page 13 of “STIHL Components 4140 FC, FS, HL, KM” service manual. I’ll try to copy/paste it, but you can google it up. The IPLs & IOMs are available too.

It’s a standard right hand thread, lefty loosey. Use a metric key to pull the drum, & a piece of rope for a piston stop. Then use a 2 pin clutch tool for the clutch...standard weed-eater drive end bull ****.

FW key must be cast integral with the FW, as a separate key is not shown.

Attachments

• 3e34c691-3431-4b94-9ee7-3dfa656192a7_STIHL+4140+Series+FC,FS,HL,KM.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
It takes a t-20 torx to remove the drum,
and just tap the clutch with a hammer to the left to remove it, and use a socket on the clutch and tap it to remove the flywheel.

Hey as long as its not an FS-44 Its alright.

Were there no key fragments at all? The key is for alignment, the taper holds the time

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back