• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 009, new b+c, works but needs maintnence.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
009: $75. + shipping, I t has a fair chip broke out of the bottom of the air box. the filter goes above the chip and seems to seal the top where needed fine. I managed about 20 minutes of run time and saw no evidence of debris getting inside the carb. I think if the filter is maintained and not softened by age or aggressive washing it will not be a problem. Could put a tiny bead of grease on the filter to seal it if it were to sag a bit, but I don't expect it will be necessary as long as the filter retains its firmness. There is a chip on the top part of the handle also above the other chip. (last 2 pic ) The handle feels strong enough for normal use, I never noticed that damage until after I test used the saw and was cleaning it for pics.
I will give a more complete description of how it ran later, I test run it a couple weeks ago and wrote down its characteristics. I remember it was very sensitive to carb adjustments but ran well for like 5 to 10 minute intervals. I was thinking it could use a carb cleaning and or kit, or possibly something else to run like it should
continually. I think I took a compression reading also but I did others also and don't remember for sure but think it was near 145lbs. I have more important things to work on, don't know for sure what else it needs, so its up for sale as is for repair or parts.

Attachments

• DSCN1634.JPG
    DSCN1634.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1635.JPG
    DSCN1635.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN1638.JPG
    DSCN1638.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1639.JPG
    DSCN1639.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1640.JPG
    DSCN1640.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN1641.JPG
    DSCN1641.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN1631.JPG
    DSCN1631.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN1632.JPG
    DSCN1632.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 60
I wonder if someone creative with JB Weld could "repair" that lip... GLWS, looks like a clean little saw.

Back