stihl 011 avt horsepower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoy my 011 avt. I think it is really smooth and handy for its size and power. I find myself using it one handed sometimes since its so light with a 14" carlton picco. My only beef with it is the chips go inside the engine fin area. I wonder if there is supposed to be some type of shroud in it to stop it? Mine does not like to be leaned out it seems to like things on the rich side kinda a low rpm motor, id bet aybe 9000.

JEEZ this thread is OLD btw i got a 011av great little saw but it doesn't feel like 41cc's i got a 14 on it, Though this model is bad about having the muffler bolts stripped in the cylinder head.

I remember seeing this thread when i got mine. I was seeing what everyone thought of them, and i needed to get info about which throttle cable my model takes. I know i enjoy running it for its purpose, i have done a whole pine tree with it that was about 50 feet high and 14" or so at the base. I like it much better then my ms250. Since its my only other stihl.

The 011AV that I used to own had plenty of power for what it was intended for. I just used it for pruning and cutting up fruit trees and small yard trees. Biggest thing I cut up with it was an oak that was about 18-20" at the base. Little bugger ran the 16" bar wearing 3/8-LP just fine. Traded it to someone that wanted it as a good safe/non-intimidating first saw for his sons to run. I've not yet ran an 012.

Saw does have a sweet, throaty idle....like "C'mon, Bring me some big wood!" LOL. And you don't have to pay high Stihl part prices to keep it going. I've got test tube stoppers as AV buffers and an old PSU switch as kill switch. They wanted $18 for a hunk of metal that slides!

Stihl011AVT_c.jpg

That's surprising seeing there is a 4cc diff. 41cc vs. 45cc's.

Necro posting we are.[emoji849]

An 012 I fixed up this last spring.
c877c1b87c7c22cfc8b31cd097930fbc.jpg

ec92f22f196c88e0cd1219d2d8424bde.jpg

I’ll take an 012 over a MS180 any day.[emoji108]

Reviving this thread again...

I'm looking to add a smaller saw to my stable. In the last week I've seen both an 011AV and an 011AVT listed locally on FB, each asking $100.

What is the difference between the AV and the AVT? And is $100 a good price for this saw?

They are not fast. The act is more of a top handle style then the av. I sold a well used repaired one for 150 with a half wore out chain and a rough stihl bar.

Thanks for your input. I just went back to look at the saws, the AV has been sold and I just noticed the AVT says it does not run. Probably going to pass on it and keep my eyes open.

When looking at
Thanks for your input. I just went back to look at the saws, the AV has been sold and I just noticed the AVT says it does not run. Probably going to pass on it and keep my eyes open.
When shopping for 009, 010,011,012 type saws make sure the oilers work, the oil pump plungers are no longer available, I love the 2 011's I've got,carb r&r is a little tricky but not too bad.

When looking at

When shopping for 009, 010,011,012 type saws make sure the oilers work, the oil pump plungers are no longer available, I love the 2 011's I've got,carb r&r is a little tricky but not too bad.
;;
And when shopping for 011 avt 's make sure the throttle trigger is in good shape,they crack right close to where the cable attaches and are hard to find a replacement (1120 182 1001)

When looking at

Ah, but the oil pump plungers are rebuildable. The needle/washer stack can be split from the back side and new diaphragm material is available from a number of retailers.

Where can i get the diaphragm material ?
I reimpregnated my worn out diaphragm with black RTV and it's cut several chords so far. This guy in Germany followed my instructions and did it with fresh material and did a nice write up on it, in german but a picture is worth 1,000 words.
https://voir.pt/2020/05/11/stihl-009-oelpumpe-membran-stihl-009-oil-pump-diaphragm/He got his from a german company but a quick googles turned up this:
https://classiccarbs.com.au/index.p...ragm-Material-Fabric-Reinforced-Nitrile-Sheet

I reimpregnated my worn out diaphragm with black RTV and it's cut several chords so far. This guy in Germany followed my instructions and did it with fresh material and did a nice write up on it, in german but a picture is worth 1,000 words.
https://voir.pt/2020/05/11/stihl-009-oelpumpe-membran-stihl-009-oil-pump-diaphragm/He got his from a german company but a quick googles turned up this:
https://classiccarbs.com.au/index.p...ragm-Material-Fabric-Reinforced-Nitrile-Sheet
Nice,thanks much

Another bump for this old thread. Here's my free-from-the-town-dump 011 AVT. Still oiling just fine, although I had to thin the mix for cold weather.

Attachments

• IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Hi
011 specs are. engine is 41 cm3 or 2.50 cubic in,bore 38 mm or 1.50 in.,Stroke 36 mm or 1.42 in,9800 max rpm.Max torque 1.8 Nm or 1.3 ft pounds at 4500.For some odd reason they dont give me any Hp specs.Maybe they didn't want to scare anyone.It might be one of those Huge Competition chainsaws.
Dan
1.3 ft lb at 4500 is about 1 HP. Torque x rpm ÷ 5252.

Latest posts

Back