stihl 023 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboy

Reaction score
Hi all,
need some help with my stihl 023 stripped it down replaced piston rings cleaned everything up,now i have the impulse line coming from the cylinder and i havent a clue where it connects the only connection on the carb is for fuel does it go any where at all thanks for some help guys i am stuck

Hi all,
need some help with my stihl 023 stripped it down replaced piston rings cleaned everything up,now i have the impulse line coming from the cylinder and i havent a clue where it connects the only connection on the carb is for fuel does it go any where at all thanks for some help guys i am stuck
Looking at the IPL it looks like the carb boot has the intake passage built into it. BUT I do see your point. My 023 is 6100 kms away but have a look at the intake boot and see if the passage ( hole ) is there.

Look on the back (cylinder side) of the handle housing where the carb boot passes through. You will see a little "tit" there that the impulse line slides onto. Wrap a 1/8" diameter string around the carb boot and pass it through the hole. Use that to pull the boot through. Then reach in between the cylinder and the handle housing with a long pair of needle nose pliers or forceps and plug in the impulse line.

Look on the back (cylinder side) of the handle housing where the carb boot passes through. You will see a little "tit" there that the impulse line slides onto. Wrap a 1/8" diameter string around the carb boot and pass it through the hole. Use that to pull the boot through. Then reach in between the cylinder and the handle housing with a long pair of needle nose pliers or forceps and plug in the impulse line.
Thank you for your help,found the connection where you said,so will crack on and finish assembling the machine today.(i will sleep better tonight) cheers mate:)

Back