Stihl 024 INFO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
First of all I am new to this site. Have joined in after reading many threads. I found this site doing a search for saw info and parts, seems very good.
I have had a dozen or different saws, currently have a homolite xl2 and a 330. Also have just picked up this 024. Got the 024 in a basket free, has had maybe 10 hours use, missing a few small parts. The saw was run out of mixed fuel and needs a piston and rings whitch I have ordered from Baileys. The jug cleaned up good. What I need to know is there any type of tin guide plate for the chain that goes between the saw and bar or cover and bar?? Also what goes behind the chain sproket "c" clip?? I have the clip then small washer then then the roller bearing and drive sproket. Is there another washer or shim as there is about an 1/8 on an inch side play there. Anybody have a picture?? Sorry for the long post. Cant wait to give this saw a work out.:help:
Thanks
Bob

Someone needs to email you a IPL... There is nothing missing from your clutch side. If the side play is excessive, then possibly your oil pump worm is damaged your crank is misplaced, but what you describe is not uncommon....

As for the "tin cover", on the SAW side, that was an option. You can have the nylon bumpers OR the cover. The cover side just has nylon bumpers.

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the parts link. I have nylon bumbers both sides never thought about that. Can probably live with the play am just a little fussy.
You guys are awesome.
Bob

Last edited:
Back