• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 026 Pick-A-Thon with free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That works for me, please send payment of 12 to [email protected] as goods and services.

ref number on post it. If you remember to, please put number on paypal notes (if possible). If not that's okay, it just saves me a step

Attachments

• 1424390562940.jpg
    1424390562940.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 26
Its a free for all, not a gut pile! There are no rules here, no picking order!

If i can give someone a good deal, hook someone else up with some PITA small parts, and then give someone a bunch of extra parts, im happy and i got what i wanted out of it.

I just want to give the working engine and crankcase to my dad to go with his newish ms260. thats all i want.

Everything else goes through the grinder!

Remember, the last offer that phts me over $110, they get the rest of the pile to themselves

image.jpg
You're right! I just broke a fin off the flywheel with a shirt!

Had undershirt jammed in there to stop the flywheel during removal of clutch. Didnt think shirt would break it.

I was using an impact wench with ratchet head on clutch. another no-no. But, in my defense, i had the air pressure in the compressor tank at the lowest pressure possible.
I keep letting it stall out, then gain a little more pressure, then stall out, then up the pressure, etc. It wasnt hitting that hard all, when the clutch came off, and it didnt shoot across the room either! But, somehow the shirt broke the flywheel.

At first i thought it Must have hit the floor and broke, as i was working off the ground. But when i checked, i couldnt get any of the fins to touch the ground. Too much plastic and such in the way! Must be the 50/50 blend! Note:theres a small casting flaw where it broke.

Anyways, ill take $ 10 for the tank and handle, plus shipping. Hand brake $7 incl shipping. Brake cover $3. Spring $1. Add'l brake parts $1. Coil $10. Av mount $2.

Does anyone need small parts for 024/240/026/260 rebuild?

No order too small, just want to charge at least four dollars. I have some time on my hands for next two days, so ill try to be johnny-on-the-spot with the requests

You don't need any sort of stop when you use an impact.
Yeap what Neal says.leave the plug in and compression does its thing.I'm really diggin'my 20v dewalt.Turns the clutch into a breeze.smack the flywheel with a plastic mallet on the magnets or if they're stubborn use a stihl puller.

Oh okay, i thought that using an impact wrench was frowned upon, turns out i just wasn't doing it right. Thanks for info

Can you still use the method described above if the flywheel is already off,
Or
does the extra weight help the impact wrench do its job?

If your removing the clutch it should spin it right off.just be careful using a standard 3/4 socket because the edge is rounded into the inside of the hex and there wont be much holding on the hex of the clutch hub.very easy to booger up the clutch if the socket bounces and spins.if you have an old chinese or cheap socket lying around grind the end flat so you get another 1/8"+ of bite.

Does anyone need small parts for 024/240/026/260 rebuild?

No order too small, just want to charge at least four dollars. I have some time on my hands for next two days, so ill try to be johnny-on-the-spot with the requests
I need the handle and tank and the front AV mount if available.

That saw was parted out for no reason. It could have been fixed in ten minutes. Most retarded thread I've read for a while.

Latest posts

Back