Stihl 026 (used from 1997, yay or nay)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks!

Quick Yay or Nay!

Being offered a Stihl 026, for around 190$ (Live In Denmark, Europe, so prices a little higher here)

The thing is, its from 1997, but it runs well, starts easy, sounds and looks good.

What is the generel thought on an older 026, that looks to be in ok shape?

Thanks for all answers!
Yey!!!Used one today for a big P/U Truck full of Pin Oak! Not your "regular"026 though! "Mighty Mouse"...... Ported and MM'd By Jerry... Pioneerguy 600! Fantastic saw!! Buy yours and send it to Jerry! Then you will have an AMAZING chainsaw!!!

Better looking now for sure, runs smooth too. Waiting for muffler, and a new bar+chain (old looked like it had been used for ....whoknowswhat)

I've had a couple of 026 saws lately that vibrated the screws out of the muffler and the cover and screws fell off, previous owner just threw the saw in the truck without the muffler. I paid $80 for the saw and spent quite a while cleaning it up. It had 1/4" of dirt on the air filter and surrounding parts, talk about neglect! It did have a good OEM piston and cylinder though. I ordered an aftermarket muffler for it..

I have 2 026's and really like them. The first one I bought at an online estate sale and it was in like new condition so I decided to make it a shelf queen after a little use. I was very satisfied with the power to weight and the feel of the saw so I bought another. The 2nd one shows use and wear and runs well. It has a muffler mod and is pretty noisy. A few weeks ago a neighbor mentioned my "screaming saw" not complaining but just in discussing hearing me cutting and he is a half mile away. The 026 has become my favorite with an 18" bar, I use it for everything except limbing and big stuff.

Latest posts

Back