stihl 028 AVS Wood Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polexie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

i am new around here and enjoying the professional and friendly comments very much. As all of you already knew, chainsaws rule!!!:rock:

I hope some of you guys can give me some comments on a Stihl 028 avs Wood Boss that i can purchase second hand. It's looks like its has never been used.

Just like to read experiences about it.

Will use it for firewood and felling small ash and spruce in my own woodland.

Thank you all,

Lex

oh as you might like to know my current saws are:

Stihl MS 660:bowdown:
Stihl MS 361
Stihl MS 200 T
Stihl BLK
Husky 2101
Husky 44
Danarm 110 AUTO

Welcome, I also am new and enjoying the information here. Nice collection of saws! How do you like the new 361?
JC

Welcome to AS! You have room for trees is the Nethelands (just kidding) :)

It's a decent saw. I assume it's the "super" - marketed in the USA as the 028 Super - the last and best the 028 line.

Not sure how much you'll use it if you already own a 361 though... but if you are just collecting, it's a fine additon.

Does your BLK run?? Nice to find somone that owns one! Do you have any pictures?

The 361, i love it, sadly its not allowed to keep it overnight in the bedroom. The girl doesn't like it.

Yeeh, it's not as easy as in your country to grow trees. Getting them down is therefore a lot harder. :laugh:

We got some production forrests over here where i bought a license. I bought it for 100 euro from the Ranger over there. I can cut the trees he marked and keep them myself. License lasts for 2 years.

The BLK is running smoothly, got no picture right now but will make some on monday or tuesday.(my free days!!!!)

And sure, looks like i am collecting, my girlfriend already told me, now i must admit.

Thank you

gr Lex

polexie said:

We got some production forrests over here where i bought a license. I bought it for 100 euro from the Ranger over there. I can cut the trees he marked and keep them myself. License lasts for 2 years.

aww, you poor ppl who own no forest :biggrinbounce2: , was cutting MY forest today with the old man , sheesh... nothing beats cutting OWN forest in +1c while its snowing....

Welcome.
should make an excellent firewood saw. I have an 028 WB that was previously rode hard and put away wet and will a few new parts and a good cleaning the thing runs like a champ. Good luck and Happy sawn.

stihl 028

Hello everyone. I purchased a brand new, 028 AV Super in 1985 and it's still going strong. I've cut a lot of firewood with it (Commercially) and it never failed me once. My personal opinion is you can't go wrong buying one for the right price.

:greenchainsaw:

I was given an 028AV Wood Boss about 15 years ago by my dad. He bought it brand new in 1985. I wish it was the Super, but it has been a workhorse from the day it was bought. Dad gave it to me since his back injury and he had a gas stove installed in the house.

I love my 028! I run a 20" bar on it with full skip 3/8" chain. Fun saw.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary

Back