Stihl 028WB rubbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, talk about deadness on the other end of a phone line. Ask the tech guys at the distributor a question about
working on a saw with points........ After an awkward pause, they will suggest selling your customer a new saw.

Lol, you would appreciate this one. I stopped into a new Stihl dealership about 2 weeks ago, asked for a couple mini spline rim sprockets for my 026`s. The counter guy didn`t have a clue what I wanted and tried to sell me a fuel cap. He then got the mechanic to come out only to argue with me that 026`s never came with rim sprockets and if my saw had a rim sprocket on it then it wasn`t a Stihl rim sprocket. After assuring him it was an OEM rim sprocket he retorted, the saw would be worn out before a rim sprocket would wear out, they don`t wear out....LOL

Lol, you would appreciate this one. I stopped into a new Stihl dealership about 2 weeks ago, asked for a couple mini spline rim sprockets for my 026`s. The counter guy didn`t have a clue what I wanted and tried to sell me a fuel cap. He then got the mechanic to come out only to argue with me that 026`s never came with rim sprockets and if my saw had a rim sprocket on it then it wasn`t a Stihl rim sprocket. After assuring him it was an OEM rim sprocket he retorted, the saw would be worn out before a rim sprocket would wear out, they don`t wear out....LOL

Gawd , I had to deal with some of these idiots in the Tech Dept......some dealers (shakes head)

Called my local Stihl dealer today and he claims the 028 elbow (manifold) is still available at a reasonable $46

Gawd , I had to deal with some of these idiots in the Tech Dept......some dealers (shakes head)

Called my local Stihl dealer today and he claims the 028 elbow (manifold) is still available at a reasonable $46

God`s truth, couldn`t believe a dealership would be that unknowing but being new they don`t know much about saws much older than 5 - 10 years back. They did offer to sell me a new saw though, a brand new MS170...LOL

I was at my dealer today picking up a parts order, too bad the parts counter guy was on his lunch break. He had offered to run a few searches for me to see what 028 parts could still be found. I really don`t need anything myself for 028`s as I likely have a lifetime supply of parts for the 8 different 028`s I still have.

Found everything nedded ** im hoping, all the from the same A/S member. MornigMan is taking care of everything i need. Great gug, and thanks to the person recommending him. Ill have another 028WB coming soon and ill need to find the whole lit again.... Never ending story

I was at my dealer today picking up a parts order, too bad the parts counter guy was on his lunch break. He had offered to run a few searches for me to see what 028 parts could still be found. I really don`t need anything myself for 028`s as I likely have a lifetime supply of parts for the 8 different 028`s I still have.

Enough parts to sell me ghe required fuel and other rubber hoses, valves etc to help a brother out in the future??

As my youngest son found the 028 family is addictive . He has 4 runners and 2 parts saws , one of which would be an easy fix . I found him one real low mile 028 Super he babies but when I recently found a local 028WB that was owned since new by a 90 year old that his son was selling for him , well that one I am keeping :D.
Former Stihl Tech manager (retired) had a look at it the other day and we both agreed maybe 1-2 hours use TOPS ! , I mean there is barely any noticable marks on the chain sprocket .

So send me some harma? Haha, ive got two lines up for "go throughs". Gonna eventually need 2 of dmeverything to get em started

Enough parts to sell me ghe required fuel and other rubber hoses, valves etc to help a brother out in the future??

I only have enough stuff squirreled away to keep my saws running into the future, not a whole lot of stuff but enough soft parts to build a saw or two. The 028`s are so durable that they last most cases for a lifetime of firewood duties. The gasoline now eats up/destroys the rubber bits so its best to keep some spares on hand.

Latest posts

Back