Stihl 029 Farm boss.. 2 and 1 file?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Should be the one for .325 chain. I converted an 029 to an 039 and put heavier chain on it and went to a 20” bar. It takes the one for 3/8 chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Should be the one for .325 chain. I converted an 029 to an 039 and put heavier chain on it and went to a 20” bar. It takes the one for 3/8 chain.

Thanx..
So are you telling me the 029 didn't come in 20' from factory?
My dad has one and I was thinking of purchasing the 2 in 1 file tool for him... He has a 20' bar on his 029

The 029 i rebuilt had a 16” bar and .325 chain. Chances are your 20” bar still has the smaller .325 on it.

Thanx..
So are you telling me the 029 didn't come in 20' from factory?
My dad has one and I was thinking of purchasing the 2 in 1 file tool for him... He has a 20' bar on his 029

They don’t come with any bar from the factory. Dealers install per customer request, generally 16-20”on that model.

Figure out if the chain you are needing to sharpen is .325”or 3/8” pitch, then go buy the proper sharpener.

Thanx... I'm pretty new at saws but won't use anything else but stihl in the past two years or so... Just really got into cutting firewood alot and I love the 029.(only other saw I've used are ms180 and poulan) haha
Thanx guys!

Latest posts

Back