stihl 029 farm boss "HELP"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetblack3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saw slid off tailgate a few days ago and hit "just right" on the frozen ground and cracked the fuel tank. I disassembled saw so I could get at crack and plastic weld it shut and extra seal with JB weld. Repair worked well but in putting saw back together today I'm having trouble with the darn chain brake assembly. It really can only go back on one way (I think). I changed a saw chassis a few years ago and had no troubles. But maybe mine just sat in bench for too many days and I'm forgetting something. When I assemble it all and go to hook up the tension spring it appears to be stretched too far thus pulling the brake handle all the way forward and it will not "SNAP" when acuated. Any ideas what I'm missing or maybe theres a schematic I can look at ??

Just get Fish to send one of these to ya

DSC_6824.jpg

Saw slid off tailgate a few days ago and hit "just right" on the frozen ground and cracked the fuel tank. I disassembled saw so I could get at crack and plastic weld it shut and extra seal with JB weld. Repair worked well but in putting saw back together today I'm having trouble with the darn chain brake assembly. It really can only go back on one way (I think). I changed a saw chassis a few years ago and had no troubles. But maybe mine just sat in bench for too many days and I'm forgetting something. When I assemble it all and go to hook up the tension spring it appears to be stretched too far thus pulling the brake handle all the way forward and it will not "SNAP" when acuated. Any ideas what I'm missing or maybe theres a schematic I can look at ??

You likely have the double pivot doo-hicky upside down [#2]

View attachment 275268

Latest posts

Back