• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 034 AV - w/Brand New OEM Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydell58

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Had a burnt up 034av that I decided to bring back to life. Purchased a bean new OEM Piston/ring/small end bearing and was hoping to be able to save the cylinder. I spent hours on the cylinder with light muriatic acid coats to no avail and ended up having to scrap the cylinder. I purchased a used OEM cylinder from another member and it was in incredible shape, could've passed for new.

Upon assembly one of the lower cylinder fins broke off (my stupid mistake, about half broke off) must've been had slightly wider cylinder fins than the original had. But I don't think it will cause any problems.

Saw fired right up and felt like amazing compression compared to my 036pro. I don't have a compression tester unfortunately. I let it idle for about 20 mins and then started it again the next day and let it idle again for about 10 mins. Since that I haven't ran it. That first tank was 25:1 mix

Anyways, great strong saw that's in great cosmetic shape with a brand new stihl piston, ready to cut.

Hoping to just get my money out of it, asking $275 plus shipping

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back