Stihl 034 Fuel Line Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblockburris

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Tryin to bring a 034 back to life that has been sitting for ALONG time! The fuel line was a puddle of goo in the bottom corner of the tank. Got all that mess cleaned out and went to install the new line I bought from the dealer. The line I bought is the formed hose that is in the shape of a "S" sorta.

Well, I cannot for the life of me get the line through the hole in the tank. It is just too big for the hole. I see they make/show two different ones on Ebay. One is an "S" and one is straight. I boogered the one I have trying to get it in.

Is there a way to tell which line my saw takes before I spend anymore $$$$.

Thanks!!!

BBB

1119 358 7701 is gas line you need, but it may be NLA
A dealer that has been around a while may have one in stock.

See 2nd page in PDF file below, it's really not any help to you.
But does tell that the new S line will not fit your tank.
It also tell at what serial number Stihl started using the S line.......if it has org tank.

Last edited:

Thanks guys!! Ya'lls knowledge and willingness to help are second to none!

I see a bunch on evil-bay but they do not have the number listed in the PDF but they say they fit 034.

Would you try one of these straight lines or

Would you drill the ttank hole out? I would I find out what sive to bore it to?

Thanks again!!!!

BBB

Thanks guys!! Ya'lls knowledge and willingness to help are second to none!

I see a bunch on evil-bay but they do not have the number listed in the PDF but they say they fit 034.

Would you try one of these straight lines or

Would you drill the ttank hole out? I would I find out what sive to bore it to?

Thanks again!!!!

BBB

The line you need also fit and used on 034,036,038,064 and MS380

TT

Oregon makes an aftermarket filter to replace that line. pn 07-007 any local dealer should be able to help. Oregon is starting to make several parts for these older stihls such as filters, recoil pullys and such quality is great!

I had the exact same problem with my 034, the fuel line was mush. The dealer gave me the S-shaped fuel line and I thought it was the wrong one because I couldn't get it to fit.
The dealer assured me it was the right fuel line so what I did to get it in is i lubed it with 2 stroke oil and put it in the tank. I started pushing up on it from in the tank with needle nose pliers and at the same time pulled on it with another pair of pliers from the top and it slid into place.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back